Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http://ec.europa.eu

Options
  • 19-02-2009 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

General overview
    What is VAT?

The Value Added Tax, or VAT, in the European Union is a general, broadly based consumption tax assessed on the value added to goods and services. It applies more or less to all goods and services that are bought and sold for use or consumption in the Community. Thus, goods which are sold for export or services which are sold to customers abroad are normally not subject to VAT. Conversely imports are taxed to keep the system fair for EU producers so that they can compete on equal terms on the European market with suppliers situated outside the Union .

I thought abroad meant outside your country?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

The lines of tribes are being dissolved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

I've been reading these sites for the last few days and these words are subtly used everywhere. They must have a list of special buzz words.And I'm sure they will stick after awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

I've been reading these sites for the last few days and these words are subtly used everywhere. They must have a list of special buzz words.And I'm sure they will stick after awhile.

Yeah seems to be incremental social-conditioning, but for what purpose?

What do you think? I'd say they want us to be like a 50 state nation.
    I forget the name of it now ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

It does. When I buy from the UK, I dont pay VAT as Im a VAT registered company. The UK is abroad. I cant see what your pointing at?

• Advertisement

It says abroad is outside the eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

It says abroad is outside the eu?

I read that goods that are sold abroad, within the EU dont have VAT.

Advertisement