Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD or UL

Options
  • 19-02-2009 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am product design student, which college will be better?
    Could you give me some tips?
    thanks a lot~~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Vitamin C

stueve wrote: »
    I am product design student, which college will be better?
    Could you give me some tips?
    thanks a lot~~

I'm in my final year in Industrial Design in NCAD, are you preparing a portfolio for a course or already in one and looking to change?

I love NCAD, the lack of organisation can sometimes be frustrating but there will be a lot of changes in the ID Department next year with the possibility of changing staff etc. But I'm fairly sure you will come across issues like these no matter what college you're in...what tips are you looking for?...Your post is a little vague!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

im doing Product Design in UL. The course is good enough, nothing really to compare it with but i imagine that NCAD would have a lot more focus on the design side of it whereas in UL its called PD+tecnology so we do a load of subjects on different materials, processes, maths and engineering science. As well as ergonomics, design studio, AutoCAD, Tech Drawing, modelmaking. As the years go by the course gets more and more design focused. You will study photoshop, solidworks, illustrator, design culture and a lot more design projects. I enjoy the course and like the way its laid out. plus i dont think i could hack Dublin so UL was a good alternative. I think i theres a post about the course in the UL forum which might give more info about.

As for NCAD i imagine its a very good course because it has been running so long but it used to be linked with UL. Students spent one year down here and the rest up in dublin. Dont know though. Ill be interested to see other peoples opinions

Advertisement