Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to manage netbook battery life?

Options
  • 18-02-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

I will be getting my hands on a new Samsung NC10 in the next few days. From various things I've read and heard it seems there are all sorts of views on what to do with batteries and good battery life is a key requirement for me.

What should I do when I first get the NC10 to ensure the best possible battery life? Do I use it unplugged with the charge it already has until it dies and then charge overnight and then use it unplugged again till it dies to do a full lifecycle run through? Or should I charge it straight away overnight and then use it unplugged till it dies after that?

After the initial period what way should I use it to best prolong the battery life - use it plugged in as much as possible when at home etc, or use the battery often? Is there any detioriation of battery life that might happen due to frequent plugging it in while it is not fully discharged?

Just seems to be loads of different views on what to do so appreciate advice on best approach.

Advertisement