Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6, now in Quirkey's

Options
  • 18-02-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

They've got 3 cabs.
    Anyone had a go on it?
    I got to Jin, 2nd last stage. The last boss looks B*****ks from what I've seen.
    Can't believe they've got 3 tekken cabs but no Street Fighter IV :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

They've got 3 cabs.
    Anyone had a go on it?
    I got to Jin, 2nd last stage. The last boss looks B*****ks from what I've seen.
    Can't believe they've got 3 tekken cabs but no Street Fighter IV :(

Yeah, I play most weekends. There is a few guys who post on Tekken Zaibatsu [including myself] that also play.

We're even lucky that we got the Tekken 6 machines, they are quite expensive afterall. While we're playing Tekken 6 a year later, the Japs are playing Tekken 6: BR now. :(

As for SFIV, I think they have one cab in London. Anyways, the console version of SFIV is out on Friday with extra chars so it's better anyway. :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭duffhead1010

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Yeah, I play most weekends. There is a few guys who post on Tekken Zaibatsu [including myself] that also play.

We're even lucky that we got the Tekken 6 machines, they are quite expensive afterall. While we're playing Tekken 6 a year later, the Japs are playing Tekken 6: BR now. :(

As for SFIV, I think they have one cab in London. Anyways, the console version of SFIV is out on Friday with extra chars so it's better anyway. :3

What's BR?

You're right tho, it's pretty cool having the cabs.:rolleyes:

What's BR?

You're right tho, it's pretty cool having the cabs.:rolleyes:

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion, an expansion that has 2 new chars, new stages, new customisations and they have rebalanced the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey Paddy, are we even gonna PLAY T6 after SFIV hits?
    Cos it's sooooo convenient to just sit in your living room & play online... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Capcom never wanted to push the arcade version properly outside Japan. They make the operators buy two cabinets for Vs play which makes it twice as expensive as Tekken 6 or VF5. Bastards.

As much as I like to hate on Quirkies it's nearly as good as anything else you'll find in Europe nowadays. And it's pretty cheap. I'd still like to see them put in maybe 4 candy cabinets and have a couple of 2d fighters, a shmup and a retro game. Not alot to ask and it'd fill out their selection alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Quirky's would be great if it weren't for this

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

animaX wrote: »
    Quirky's would be great if it weren't for this
    Surprising little amount of scumbags, and even the ones that come in, they usually stay at the back. Have gone in often on a Saturday evening, and there wouldn't be many there.

I go in to kill, or race. Get the mind awake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

the_syco wrote: »
    and even the ones that come in, they usually stay at the back

Isn't that where the arcade machines are?!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hey Paddy, are we even gonna PLAY T6 after SFIV hits?
    Cos it's sooooo convenient to just sit in your living room & play online... :p

That's the lazy option! I will still play T6 the odd time but seeming as BR will be the one hitting consoles, I'm not so fussed playing T6.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I have never encountered yobbos/skangers/pikeys in Quirkey's, but then I only go on Saturday afternoons.
    And stay downstairs.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I have never encountered yobbos/skangers/pikeys in Quirkey's, but then I only go on Saturday afternoons.
    And stay downstairs.

Late at night, they appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Prof_Frink

I haven't been in Dr Quirkey for years now. But the last time I was there it was like THIS.

Now I'm told it's like THIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Capcom never wanted to push the arcade version properly outside Japan. They make the operators buy two cabinets for Vs play which makes it twice as expensive as Tekken 6 or VF5. Bastards.

As much as I like to hate on Quirkies it's nearly as good as anything else you'll find in Europe nowadays. And it's pretty cheap. I'd still like to see them put in maybe 4 candy cabinets and have a couple of 2d fighters, a shmup and a retro game. Not alot to ask and it'd fill out their selection alot better.

Are you sure you meant Europe and not ireland cause Center of london has thousands of better arcades, and proper ones not none of this Shooter's and car games.

Go to trocodero in London and you would be in a field day with the stuff they have, lines of SSF2X, SFIV, SF3, R-type, Battle garrega ect....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭duffhead1010

appleidog wrote: »
    Are you sure you meant Europe and not ireland cause Center of london has thousands of better arcades, and proper ones not none of this Shooter's and car games.

I have to say tho, Quirkey's has some pretty decent driving games like initial and sega rally, shame sega rally's 2 euro a shot.:(

Some of them are just s*** tho, like need for speed:carbon and the fast and the furious.:mad:

Advertisement