Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video games competition

Options
  • 18-02-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

i'm trying to organise a retro video games competition on the 8th of march in dublin. it's for a freinds charity.. does anybody have any suggestion where i could advertise it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Here was a good start! Try colleges throughout Dublin. Trinity, UCD etc. all have prominent gaming societies who I am sure would be delighted to spread the word. I will definitely be there and I can probably drag a few of me mates along. What mario kart and street fighter edition will be offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

eSports.ie (I can be your point of contact) would be happy to promote with a news post & calender event if we get info. Private Message me if you are interested (it's free; I just need a little more info and it's easier to do a back-and-forth in a PM).

Best of luck with it! If you can get the mods to allow it, it might be worth cross-posting in the Competitive Gaming sub-forum, Games Forum and Lan Parties...All boards here but you get different traffic through each. I happened upon this because of the boost to the main page :)

**Edit** Also, what charity is it for? Only thing stopping me from having a calender event set up already!
    **Edit2** Cross Cause?

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 neilmp

thanks guys.
    yeah the charity is crosscause http://crosscause.ie/ a friend of mine runs it so i know he does good work and the money actually makes a difference.

I'm going to try to have as many of the games on original consoles. but with mario kart for example i might have mario kart 64 aswell as the version on the snes depending on how many people want to play it.
    i'm going to use hyper streetfighter II anniversay edition on the ps2 as the main version as it has everything there. also streetfight IV will make a cameo later on in the competition! has anyone played it yet?? it's pretty tasty!

Very cool. Best of luck with it! Would love to go but will have used up my allocated days off :(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

neilmp wrote: »
    thanks guys.
    yeah the charity is crosscause http://crosscause.ie/ a friend of mine runs it so i know he does good work and the money actually makes a difference.

I'm going to try to have as many of the games on original consoles. but with mario kart for example i might have mario kart 64 aswell as the version on the snes depending on how many people want to play it.
    i'm going to use hyper streetfighter II anniversay edition on the ps2 as the main version as it has everything there. also streetfight IV will make a cameo later on in the competition! has anyone played it yet?? it's pretty tasty!

I'm definatley up for some 64bit Mario kart and street fighter on the ps2 is music to my ears. I can guarantee 2 others with me too.

• Advertisement

News Post is up! Should be a good night...

🤪

Advertisement