If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 37LG3000

Options
  • 18-02-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭

LG 37LG3000

Any opinions on this? Looking for a 32" - 37" LCD? Have a full 1080P 37" Sharp Aquos in my front room, but looking for an alternative for my room.

I've always been wary of LG TV's but this one seems to have gotten quite excellent reviews online. I'm also a bit apprehensive of ordering TV's before I've seen them (as I like to see black levels etc) but very tempted to buy this.

John, Ash - do you recommend it? Or any other fellow Boardsies buy it and recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No-one?

Would love some opinions on this before I take the plunge.

Have read bad things about the sound quality (i.e slight vibrations when the sound is switched up - not even too loudly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'm sure you're already aware (and happy enough) that it is not full HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

basquille

what will you be using it for?

Ive been reading some threads on avforums and found that the speakers seem to dodgy on the tv

Fnz wrote: »
    I'm sure you're already aware (and happy enough) that it is not full HD?
    Yeah, am indeed.

Already have a full HD LCD I'm happy with. I think the LG6000 is full HD but considering it's just a bedroom with a SD Freesat box (and that'll probably more or less all it's used for), I'm not too pushed on full HD.
    Headshot wrote:
    what will you be using it for?

reading some threads on avforums,the speakers seem to be very dodgy on the tv
    As above Headshot.

I did read about the speaker issue but some people complained of a rattling that was fixed with a tightening of screws at the back. It's a small room so volume wouldn't need to be too loud.

I'm normally against LG TV's in general but the reviews for this seem to be quite favourable:

5 / 5 from Techradar
    8.9 user score, 9.2 expert score at TestFreaks
    8.8 at Revoo
    92% at HDTVOrg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I recently got the LG323000 and I am very happy with it.

SD is all perfect I am currently using it with UPC digital and UPC analogue.

HD also seems to be perfect been using it with my xbox360 set to 1080i and I have watched a few videos and it looks great.....

Drawbacks: The stand is a bit of pain in the ar*se to get sorted and the remote is huge....thats it!

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »
    I recently got the LG323000 and I am very happy with it.

SD is all perfect I am currently using it with UPC digital and UPC analogue.

HD also seems to be perfect been using it with my xbox360 set to 1080i and I have watched a few videos and it looks great.....

Drawbacks: The stand is a bit of pain in the ar*se to get sorted and the remote is huge....thats it!
    Cheers neacy69..

Any problems with the sound (or are you using it with a sound system)?

basquille wrote: »
    Cheers neacy69..

Any problems with the sound (or are you using it with a sound system)?

No problems at all been very please with it tbh

I read some of the specs on the LG website and apparently it uses the entire surround of the screen as the speaker.....I found it very interesting check it out here:

http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/lcdtv_37lg3000.jhtml

neacy69 wrote: »
    No problems at all been very please with it tbh

I read some of the specs on the LG website and apparently it uses the entire surround of the screen as the speaker.....I found it very interesting check it out here:

http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/lcdtv_37lg3000.jhtml
    Cheers neacy.

Might give the Belfast store a call over the weekend so.

Cheers neacy.

FYI
    I got mine in Dunnes in Newry and with the coversion rate it cost me approx €320-€350 so you might want to check with them also......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

Cheers neacy.

I got a call from Richersonds this morning,checking if the LG 37"3000 was still wanted,it was,as it was pre-booked,they were confirming orders,so they might have a cancellation from someone else.:)

• Advertisement

Cheers.. might give them a call now so.

EDIT: Gave them a call... none in stock but booked it. Very nice bloke on the phone - said it'd be in on Tuesday or Friday.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cheers.. might give them a call now so.

EDIT: Gave them a call... none in stock but booked it. Very nice bloke on the phone - said it'd be in on Tuesday or Friday.

Guys,

Thanks for all the interaction and apologies but I missed this post until today.

The 37LG3000 is an excellent set but is always in really short supply - However I am pretty sure I could free one up for a Boardie if you wanted to drop me an email to johnmc@richersounds.ie

Alternatively we do have the 42LG3000 in stock and we can do a special on these at just £459.95...

Keep me posted and apologies again for the delay in reply,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

johnmc wrote: »
    Thanks for all the interaction and apologies but I missed this post until today.

The 37LG3000 is an excellent set but is always in really short supply - However I am pretty sure I could free one up for a Boardie if you wanted to drop me an email to johnmc@richersounds.ie

Alternatively we do have the 42LG3000 in stock and we can do a special on these at just £459.95...

Keep me posted and apologies again for the delay in reply,
    No worries John.

Like I said, I rang up on Saturday and pre-booked the 37LG3000. The guy I was talking to said there'd be more in this week anyways.

The 42" is tempting but really don't think it'd fit too well in my room... I'm gonna be struggling with a 37" - we were all set for a 32" but the 37LG3000 sounded great for the money.

Never heard from anyone in Richer Sounds last week about my order for the 37LG3000.

Are ye still waiting on stock?

Basq,

I did ask Kenny to give you a call last week - unfortunately he is off today so I will get Dave to drop you a line today - your TV is in and reserved for you and can leave for you on Wednesday.

Drop me a line if there are any issues or if I can assist in any way,

Thanks again (and apologies for the delay)

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

This arrived last Thursday evening... only got around to setting up on Saturday but very very happy with it. And spotted the exact same unit in PC World on Sunday afternoon for €650 (so saved €170 by buying with RicherSounds).

Don't know what people were talking about regarding poor sound quality (tis excellent). Now planning on hooking up the Philips MCD988 to it this evening.

Thanks to all at RicherSounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jarrath

Bought the LG 37lg3000 today, went to tune it in and its not picking up any of the stations...

Hate to admit this but we're still using chorus at the minute. Anyone know why its not picking up the stations??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Basquille,
    Noticed you said you're normally against LG tv's.

Curious as to why? I'm in the market for a 40 or 42", the LG's seem well priced but I don't know anyone who has one & shop floor displays don't really tell you much about how good picture quality will be in your home.

I'll be using a home cinema system with mine, so sound quality isn't that big an issue.

Jarrath wrote: »
    Bought the LG 37lg3000 today, went to tune it in and its not picking up any of the stations...

Hate to admit this but we're still using chorus at the minute. Anyone know why its not picking up the stations??

Jarrath - did you get this sorted or are you still having an issue????

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jarrath

johnmc wrote: »
    Jarrath - did you get this sorted or are you still having an issue????

ATB,

John Mc

Got it sorted... Was my own stupidity that caused it... Must say it's an excellent tv.. Extremely pleased with it... Able to pick up the digital radio stations on.. Nice bonus.

Now trying to figure out what CI Modules are and how they work... Anyone able to shed some light in my direction...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 treef01

Hi all, I have just purchased this tv as a replacement for a 3 year old sharp 32 inch lcd tv, the picture is great but the sound is very very tinny there seems to be no bass at all, do you think this is a fault as most people seem happy with the sound. my old tv was an £800 tv 3 years ago and did have excellent sound but still would expect a modern tv to have at least some bass. can anyone suggest a good speaker or speakers to add to it only got a budget of upto £100 and dont really want loads of speakers because of the kids/wires etc so just one or two to put beside the tv, many thanks for you help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.