Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising on Irish tv

Options
  • 18-02-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Has anybody got any information on the pricing of advertising on Setanta Sports Ireland, TV3, Channel 6, RTE1 or RTE2?

It doesn't need to be precise. Just looking for a ballpark figure right now.

Would an advertising budget of E10,000 be any use for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

MediaLive will give you prices for a variety of mediums. Alternatively, I would say go direct to source. All of the channels SHOULD have media rate cards available on their website for different packages / bundles.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    MediaLive will give you prices for a variety of mediums. Alternatively, I would say go direct to source. All of the channels SHOULD have media rate cards available on their website for different packages / bundles.

Cheers dude. Wasn't expecting the answer from yourself! heh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I like to surprise people :) I did Marketing with Entrepreneurship for college so relied heavily on that site for quite a few projects! Yet it still took me a bit of time to remember the name! Anything else, give a shout...maybe I can be of use (not promising though :D)

🤪

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

http://tvsales.rte.ie/

afaik you have to get a login to see up to date rates, but 10k will
    go a decent distance, especially on the smaller and opt out channels.

For instance I believe 55k bought 5 30sec spots during half time
    in the 5 Ireland rugby games in 6 nations and they would be premium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I like to surprise people :) I did Marketing with Entrepreneurship for college so relied heavily on that site for quite a few projects! Yet it still took me a bit of time to remember the name! Anything else, give a shout...maybe I can be of use (not promising though :D)

Hmm...very interesting...may have something very interesting to talk to you about next time you come to Dublin...
    copacetic wrote: »
    http://tvsales.rte.ie/

afaik you have to get a login to see up to date rates, but 10k will
    go a decent distance, especially on the smaller and opt out channels.

For instance I believe 55k bought 5 30sec spots during half time
    in the 5 Ireland rugby games in 6 nations and they would be premium

Cheers.

That is a good price during those games alright. If you have that kind of budget it's well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Look at the rate cards, and half them - then speak to the sales agents.

I've found Setanta very nice to deal with, and will assist with production if required.

If you want a contact, give me a PM.

Medialink are also a good company, and deal with Ch4 & E4 advertising for Ireland.

Probably never been a better or cheaper time to advertise on TV, especially with the Sky's competition to RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IrishBusiness

would echo what i have seen posted here already - my advise is to try and go to source rather than through agency, you will often get a better rate that way (if possible)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Aitchdee

It's a simple question you ask but actually quite a complex answer. Advertising is an area where you can waste money very very quickly if you are unclear about what you want to achieve and how you will achieve it. TV is a very complex medium, ratecards do not really exist and the airtime is traded on the amount of audience viewing your spot and benchmarked by the cost of reaching one thousand of that audience (CPT). Usually you buy a combination of stations, rather than buying one station on their own. TV station direct sales reps will sell their grandmother (especially now) for any budget, so be very very careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 minetop

Rate cards do exsist i was dealing with a gentleman in Setanta and i got a great response from my campaign and i will do it again,

CPTs are really only used for agencies purposes and i had all my allocated adverts on Setanta Ireland,

If you are looking for a contact drop me a mail,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Aitchdee

minetop wrote: »
    Rate cards do exsist i was dealing with a gentleman in Setanta and i got a great response from my campaign and i will do it again,

CPTs are really only used for agencies purposes and i had all my allocated adverts on Setanta Ireland,

If you are looking for a contact drop me a mail,

Minetop
    CPTs are used by more than agencies, because it allows the advertiser to measure the cost effectiveness of the airtime they are receiving. The reason ratecards don't exist is that every spot on TV has a different audience and therefore a different value. Because TV is continuously researched we know what audience each spot receives. Beware though on stations such as Setanta some ad breaks have no audience at all.

We buy Setanta on a discounted CPT measured against RTE, that way we know we are getting value for money. If the gentleman from Setanta sold you a ratecard how do you know what you are getting? As I say numbers of spots are no way to measure TV.

BTW, I'm intersted to know how you measured the success of your campaign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭byrne0f56789

You shouldn't advertise on TV, radio or newspapers with €10K. It's too much of an "all in" move. Run Google AdWords for €25 a day and gradually increase your spend when you are happy with your conversion rates.

Advertisement