Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

massey ferguson 3080

Options
  • 18-02-2009 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

just looking at a massey ferguson 3080 1991 (spotless-not one bit of rust which is uncommon) in my local massey dealer for doing small jobs such as fertilizer. anyway it has a new 16 speed gearbox fitted instead of the older 32 speed. my question is which I forgot to ask the salesman is would they be 30kph or 40kph.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

sorry just realised i posted in the wrong forum. could some mod please move this to farming and forestry please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

nope :D

moved here and here it stays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

It could be either 30 or 40k , to find out take it for a spin making sure the speedshift button (usually the bottom green button on side console in front of lift controls ) is NOT pressed in. as your driving press IN speedshift button . If the tractor speeds up it is a 30K if it slows down it is a 40k . sounds wrong but you have to remember 30k tractors are in underdrive with button out and direct drive with button pressed in. 40k tractors are in overdrive with button out and direct drive with button pressed in. I have heard of 30ks being converted to 40k by removing speedshift unit and turning it the opposite way around

Advertisement