Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Night In The Bar...Thoughts?

Options
  • 18-02-2009 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

As I walked up to the bar last night and saw it was packed, I thought "Great, just like the old days". Except it wasn't.

The bouncers were rude (again), for some reason they shut off the rest of the hub so I had to walk to the other end of campus to get to an atm; it was far too packed, and there wasn't nearly enough bar staff (I waited for half an hour right at the front of the bar, with staff clearly seeing me, yet blatantly ignoring me!).

Anyone else have any bother last night?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Not getting served in a packed bar... that's a shocker right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lego

Bugabelle wrote: »
    As I walked up to the bar last night and saw it was packed, I thought "Great, just like the old days". Except it wasn't.

The bouncers were rude (again), for some reason they shut off the rest of the hub so I had to walk to the other end of campus to get to an atm; it was far too packed, and there wasn't nearly enough bar staff (I waited for half an hour right at the front of the bar, with staff clearly seeing me, yet blatantly ignoring me!).

Anyone else have any bother last night?

I said this before on another thread, but since you're asking,

Last night I called in to the DCU bar with my friend. I showed my student ID to the bouncer lady but my friend was refused as she was 'not a student' (although she is St. Pats alumni). This happened around 12 and with late opening hours they should be open until around 2AM.

Neither of us had anything to drink before going there.

I have been able to bring her as a guest into the DCU bar for years and this is the first time she was refused. DCU bar has hit a new low.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I could not believe how busy it was last night!

Think we got there about 10 to 11, could barely move in there and had to wait a good 20 minutes for a drink.

I was dissapointed that there wasnt 5 euro cocktails as i remember that being advertised somewhere.

Anyway, its great to see a big crowd and i think it proves that the bar can be succesful.
    Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Paddy-Megans-Lo

I thought it was overall, without nit-picking, a huge success. the crowd that showed up was almost double the crowd that showed up last week which really made me happy. First time in months there has been an actual atmosphere in this place at night

All is well that the bar was packed but...without cheap drinks, which is the point I keep on making, the bar is going to ultimately fail.
    They need to grasp this concept now more than ever, with the whole economic climate recently?? Students have been poor as was for years... and now, especially next year with possible heightened fees....how are we going to keep the bar alive if we have to pay full price for small drinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

with the way the bar staff were working that night, I couldnt help but think they were told to be slow. I mean - if i tried, I couldnt have been that bad behind the bar. 7 of them and perhaps 3 good barmen would have ran it far better. It took about 3 minutes for my 4 pints of the same beer to be pulled.

To me they're on a mission to have the smallest reciept possible. Its just blatently obvious after the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rigumagoo

The bouncers were rude (again),
    I waited for half an hour right at the front of the bar, with staff clearly seeing me, yet blatantly ignoring me!
    I'm special and deserve to be treated special.
    grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

rigumagoo wrote: »
    grow up.

Eh, what? You just made up the 3rd quote.:rolleyes:

Trispace running the bar are a complete disaster. I haven't had any problems with the bouncers but the bar staff are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

The girls that work in the bar are very very pretty and if they don't know how much mi-wadi to put in a glass to make it drinkable I don't really mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ah it was good enough. And thank God there is an atmosphere. Only thing I found was the bouncers, even during the day. You go to the toilet, back 2 seconds... and you like I was in there a min ago. I dunno, just me I guess.

Advertisement