Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid-Strength Beers in England?

Options
  • 18-02-2009 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭

Given the scarcity, if there are any at all, mid strength draught beers in Ireland, I was just wondering if this was the same in England, or would it be normal for them to have a mid-strength on tap?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Mid-strength is an awful term.
    You'll get plenty of beers in England in the 3.5% range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

the major difference is that the English bitter and mild are not some marketing ploy and actually have flavor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I don't want to get into the ins and outs me the better beer types. Am just going on a few nites out over there soon and didn't want to have to resort to they shandy route that I have to here. The nicer beer taste over there is a bonus though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I don't want to get into the ins and outs me the better beer types. Am just going on a few nites out over there soon and didn't want to have to resort to they shandy route that I have to here.
    Just inspect the taps before you order, particularly the handpumps -- most of them will have the ABV written on the pumpclip. Failing that, asking for "a pint of bitter" will generally get you something lower strength. However if you're out somewhere loud and shouty, it's probably back to the shandies for you.

Advertisement