Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Catherines Monastery. Leixlip

Options
  • 18-02-2009 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

OK...me and my mate we just havin a sociable walk round the park tonight around 12-1am. My friend who has a slight psychic ability texted me told us to stay away from flowing water, we were just at flowing water where we sudddenly felt cold. We walked back and sat at bench and said..."ah sure we'll head down the hill and conquer our fear". We kept getting warning texts off our mate, suddenly my friend gets a vision of a dark figure at the well, and wanted to leave the park straight away. Can this be fate or just genuine superstition. My mate was genuinely freaked and it happened so suddenly. The well is right beside an old monastery. Can someone shed some light on this? Were well freaked :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

ur mean! were actually freaked out!!! come on all u guys know about this stuff we never believed about this before ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Bit of history

"An enclosed crenellated courtyard with a stores and small two-storey dwelling disguises an undisclosed history going back to the Dark Ages when Ireland was the Land of Saints and Scholars. The eastern portion of Leixlip included the grounds of a long-lost monastery, the sole remaining evidence is a chapel ruin. The monastery was attached to the great St. Mary's Abbey, the remains of which have only recently been excavated under a row of buildings in Capel Street, Dublin.

The stones from the main abbey were confiscated by Sheriff Sir Humphrey Jervis who used them to build Essex Bridge in 1676. Like the main abbey, the stones of the Leixlip monastery were used to construct the present farm yard. It was built by Francis Johnston, architect of the General Post Office and the Church of the Most Holy Trinity (formerly the Chapel Royal) at Dublin Castle. As with the chapel, Johnston worked in both the Gothic and Classical styles."

Were goin back for the laugh now...help us ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tom d

OK situation rectified; ha went down again with matt fender and friend and having come to the conclusioin that nothing is down there, we now are unsure of whether there is somethign down there.. was weird tho, a friend or two warned us about 'bad feelings' probs just a coincidence, tho matt is pretty shuck uP! maybe something weird did happen... :O

tom

Advertisement