Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting used to new sites

Options
  • 17-02-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Here's my prediciment..........

I've been using the William Hill poker site for a number of years and find it quite profitable, make about €8-€10k a year off it. However, there are now very few tournie's on the site that I like playing (only 2 in fact).

I've therefore gone in search of tournie's on either sites. I've been mainly been playing on Poker Stars (EPT qualifiers) and Paddypower (Irish Open qualifiers). I've been using both these sites for 1-2 months now with very little success to date (down about €1k on both sites).

After having played on Willhill for years I seem to be able to time my play well with their tournies while I seem to either move too early or too late on the other sites.

There's probably no answer to this other than time/experience but I just thought I'd put it out there anyway in case anybody else has another angle for me to consider.

And don't worry, I will still be playing on Willhill but like I say, there are only 2 games in the week there that I am really interested in and I generally play Sunday-Thursday evenings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

The nightly 5k deepstack on betfair is one of the best value tournaments on the web imo.5k starting stack 15min levels and usually an overlay.It also has a structure second to none for the 60$ fee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Just play gutshots and off suit 3 gappers on ipoker and you will be grand. On stars gt it in behind when your covered by your opponent, u will always win and vice versa.

FullTilt is great for tournys, give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Maybe the Crypto players were so unbelievably retarded that anyone could do well in their tourneys? The Betfair suggestion might be a good one, more degenerate sports bettors who don't know a poker hand from the back end of a horse. Liquidity aside I imagine Crypto was a pretty soft spot for players with WH and Intertops players.

Maybe the timing structures tend to be different and you are moving too early on Stars and too late on Ipoker?

But most likely it's just variance. 1-2 months playing only a few tourneys doesn't sound like much of a sample. Perhaps the tourneys you're playing now have larger fields and thus more variance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

And don't worry, I will still be playing on Willhill

Phew, real nail biter until you cleared that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

William Hill is moving to ipoker (same network as Paddy Power) within a month or so and the crypto software will be no more.

The few sites that will be left are moving to IPN/Boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

Well, it's just a matter of time really and getting used to the new software, I've won $30k - $35k on iPoker in the last 3 months.

Having said that, I've totally given up on PokerStars, couldn't win a penny on it.

BBV for brags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

but how much did you lose?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

yea but how much have you lost?. Surely spending thousands on tournament entry fees to generate all them dollas.
    Paddypower (Irish Open qualifiers). I've been using both these sites for 1-2 months now with very little success to date (down about €1k on both sites).

Nah, that's net profit.

• Advertisement

We want a graph! We want a graph! We want a graph! Or something.

I did ask Will Hill for a summary spreadsheet or something similar a couple of weeks ago but have no response as yet.

I think i might call shenanigans.Maybe...

Advertisement