Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of appetite

Options
  • 17-02-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if you could help me with this. I was fairly sick this weekend and am on anitbiotics. I was at the doctor on Saturday and he reassured me that they were fine for baby so I'm not worried about that. The thing is, since I got sick I've had no appetite. I've been coming around a bit since Monday, still not near 100% but feel a lot better than I did at the weekend. I still have no appetite. I'm trying really hard to eat because I know the baby needs it but I feel like I physically can't. More than a few mouthfuls and I feel like getting sick. My OH just made a lovely dinner and I tried to eat it but couldn't.

Anyone know how I can get over this or had any experience of appetite loss during pregnancy?
    Obviously if it continues I'll be going back to the doctor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

My sister went through phases of this, she's 8 months pregnant now. Her appetite did come back eventually. Just eat what you can, maybe little and often would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Eat little and often and what you body tells you that you want.
    Some women end up just grazing for thier pregnancy and can't sit and eat a full meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Thanks Quackles & Thaedydal, that's made me feel a bit better. It's the full meals that are killing me. Just looking at them makes me feel sick but someone could put a portion of chips or slice of pizza in front of me and I'd be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

was just about to say the little and often bit...and even when you do eat, if it is only little bits you can manage, make sure they're nutritious little bits so you both benefit

Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Advertisement