Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Laptops

Options
  • 17-02-2009 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I am looking to buy a cheap laptop/netbook. 512RAM will do but it must have a windows OS. Any ideas where I could get such a machine at the lowest possible price?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I am looking to buy a cheap laptop/netbook. 512RAM will do but it must have a windows OS. Any ideas where I could get such a machine at the lowest possible price?

Define Cheap? What size do you want? Would a 10"/9" screen be too small? Do you need a cd/dvd drive? And 99% of full sized laptops will run windows vista, so 512mb of RAM is not feasible these days, at least 2Gb is what i'd be looking for, depending on the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭getonyourboots

Screen size is unimportant. A very basic machine just for the web.
    But it must have a windows OS. Price wise I would like to get something for around €250.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Then youre probably looking for a netbook, something like this;

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=424286

I doubt if you will find anything much cheaper without looking 2nd hand

Advertisement