Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lost and Damned

Options
  • 17-02-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

So, this is out on Xbox live today. Anyone getting it? I'm waiting for my cheapo ebay microsoft points to come through :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've the points set aside and everything, but I've yet to hit the buy button. I don't know why, something in my head is holding me back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

It does look interesting
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/review-blog/909185210/26782744/gta-iv-the-lost-and-damned.html

Im thinking and hoping the Scottish comedian is good old Billy Connoly and new music too. I really hope rockstar learned from the response to the music in GTA4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I only made my mind up to buy it today following a few reviews. Still no sign of those ms points showing up though :mad:

I'd consider buying it if Rockstar were a little more informative of the other content (instead of just banging on about the new missions).

I want to see this "Gang Burrito" van that has been added. I used to love skidding around Vice City and San Andreas pretending to be the A-Team. I'd do it in IV but every van looks nothing like the A-Team one, and they all have silly logos on the side.

I'd like to see all of the new vehicles. I don't want to do more missions. I play IV for a bit of fun and a laugh online. Even if i do buy the DLC, i reckon the additional cars won't be available online, unless (in the unlikely event) everyone in your city has also gotten the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

In regards to the additional tracks on the radio, I'd be happy if they just shoved on V-Rock, Radio X, K-DST & SF-UR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I picked it up last night, only got to play for about 1 hour. Very happy with my purchase. First time I got on the bike Highway Star by Deep Purple came on the radio. It's the little touches like that the R* understands... They make all the difference for me :)

Oh, and Johnny's chopper handles like a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I picked it up last night, only got to play for about 1 hour. Very happy with my purchase. First time I got on the bike Highway Star by Deep Purple came on the radio. It's the little touches like that the R* understands... They make all the difference for me :)

Oh, and Johnny's chopper handles like a dream!

Same as myself, only got about an hour play last night! Very happy so far, story seems good .
    They have really made the bike handling easier, it's like driving in San Andreas again!
    Gonna try out the new multiplayer modes tonight and see how they are!

Any1 got a grenade launcher yet?

Still downloading... 86%. Its going reeeeally slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

have any of you installed gta to your hard drive?
    i had, but ever since the DLC, the disc keeps spinning in the drive, which I don't understand...

It's just a shane I have fallen out with my 360 and went of with the PS3 for down the street, but I love my PS3!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I like the expansion, and its a lot bigger than i thought it would be. Was anyone else shocked when they saw
    Stubb's todger
    , I wasn't expecting it in such graphic detail. Hilarious.

hehe, yeah. Hotter coffee! Quick, someone tell the Daily Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

I'm trying to justify myself getting it. Especially since I still haven't finished the proper game :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Got it on Monday but only played it for an hour. Been busy since. The bikes handle great and the new shotgun rules. Especially as you can use it on the bike. As many reviews say, the main character is a bit of a c**t and not really likeable. The new music tracks are cool too, was pleasantly surprised to hear some iron maiden, acdc and the doors on LCRR.

The sawn off shotgun is fantastic. If you get up close to a car on your bike with it, 2 shots is usually enough to set it on fire.

Also, Highway Star ftw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,344 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I actually prefer Johnny to Niko. I never found Niko to be all that likeable. Niko kills for money, in order to get rich and live the American Dream. Johnny kills because he has to, because its what best for The Lost. He's not interested in being rich and powerful, he just wants to protect his gang. Sure, he's a little rough round the edges, but he's a damn sight funnier than Niko too

Also, anyone else think the pipebombs are completely pointless? Do they do anything at all that a normal grenade doesn't? I'm only on the mission where you first get them

Got it on Monday but only played it for an hour. Been busy since. The bikes handle great and the new shotgun rules. Especially as you can use it on the bike. As many reviews say, the main character is a bit of a c**t and not really likeable. The new music tracks are cool too, was pleasantly surprised to hear some iron maiden, acdc and the doors on LCRR.
    DP? Doors? AC/DC??? Maiden!?!?

Fùck that!! I'm digging the 360 out of my press!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i was kinda thinkin aw i gota drive around on a bike now a lt more, but its actully much better cars seem huge when u swap back

just had a cool mission in lost and damned shootin off a bike then driving through a car shop

theres some class missions alrite and the music/tv/laslo rock

Laslow rock??? Fill me in please!

And does the add also suggest "Wild Side" by Mötley Crüe is on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Just completed the story mode and i'm going ahead with the races, gang wars and all that.

I need to get terry and clay's toughness up just one more smidgin.

But whats uber headwrecking is every gang war i do doesnt put them up!
    Even if i call them BEFORE i go to the war icon?

WTF?!:mad:

• Advertisement

Are they surviving the gang wars? If they die their stats won't change.

I think you can raise their stats by just driving around with them in formation. Keep it slow and it'll increase every couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Are they surviving the gang wars? If they die their stats won't change.

I think you can raise their stats by just driving around with them in formation. Keep it slow and it'll increase every couple of minutes.

When i do the gang war you get your little brief of who went up etc.

But there are other guys that will die ie "deceased" but terry and clay are never there.

Ill try the latter part of your post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Bought it a week ago, but thanks to a crap internet connection + having to use ICS on my laptop to connect to live, I still haven't played it...
    Looking forward to getting stuck into it properly this evening
    So are there new licensed songs as well? that makes the price tag a bit less painful...

tman wrote: »
    So are there new licensed songs as well? that makes the price tag a bit less painful...
    Yeah, there are a good few new songs, as well as some new DJ material too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Anyone Else Buy It On Ebay??

Yeah, there are a good few new songs, as well as some new DJ material too.
    Jesus, that's a sweet selection. There's about 20 songs there I love, from Sepultara to Rod Stewart!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yeah some funny chats and nice song updates

+ the tv is hilarious

i finished it the other day i rationed the missions a bit, and done some other things, races wars, hangouts with people random strangers n tihngs, nice little add on, still got a few races and wars to finish now :)

How big is it (mission wise)?

I think there's about 20-25 story missions. On top of that you've got sort of hitman missions, vehicle collection missions, gang wars (25), bike races (12), and 3 random character missions. Further to that there's seagulls instead of pigeons this time. No achievement for them though, so only for completionists methinks (I hated the pigeons).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bought this yesterday. It's a slow starter but does get interesting. The Liz Torres first mission repeat where ya have to back up Niko and Playboy is harder than I remember though.

Advertisement