Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear Vietnam

Options
  • 17-02-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Episode on Dave now for anyone who hasn't seen it. Must watch!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Didn't enjoy it to be honest. I can usually forgive the formulaic approach because the cars are generally more interesting than the usual bunch of super/hyper-cars favoured by TG. But a bunch of scooters?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Episode on Dave now for anyone who hasn't seen it. Must watch!!:D

Severe lack of satellite / cable TV in my office :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Excellent episode. It was on last night somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

R.O.R wrote: »
    Severe lack of satellite / cable TV in my office :mad:

Joys of holidays:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That was one of the worst episodes they've ever done, redeemed only by the scenery.

How come the bikes couldn't do 800k in 10 days? Surely you'd only need <20 hours to actually travel it:confused:
    It was blatently and poorly scripted and contained nothing new, only re-hashes of stuff they've done previously.

• Advertisement

That was one of the worst episodes they've ever done, redeemed only by the scenery.

How come the bikes couldn't do 800k in 10 days? Surely you'd only need <20 hours to actually travel it:confused:
    It was blatently and poorly scripted and contained nothing new, only re-hashes of stuff they've done previously.

I thought it was an excellent episode, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

pburns wrote: »
    Didn't enjoy it to be honest. I can usually forgive the formulaic approach because the cars are generally more interesting than the usual bunch of super/hyper-cars favoured by TG. But a bunch of scooters?

Saw it last night and I didn't really enjoy it either, for pretty much the same reason. And the "stuff" they did to each other was more childish than anything else I can remember from TG. C'mon, paint the bike pink :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

unkel wrote: »
    . C'mon, paint the bike pink :rolleyes:
    manlove.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

moved from motors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Cracking episode. That one in America is even funnier :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Having been in Vietnam myself I enjoyed the episode, but it was ridiculously over-scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kqcregg

If you saw this on Dave you missed a lot as the BBC version was around 1h 20mins. Watched it with friends recently and Dave cut the s**t out of it. They even cut the bit where Clarkson crashed! OK its a formula we all know by now but its a must watch for TG fans in uncut format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I thought it was one of the funniest ones I ever seen. I say that about every espisode though. Loved seen clarkson fall off the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

also enjoyed this episode myself! change to see them on bikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Yeh it was very good when I saw it.

Advertisement