Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER cert and grants

• 17-02-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard a guy (Peter Scully) on the local radio here in Donegal giving a run down of th new home energy improvement grants. He was obviously from a private firm and by his accent certainly not from Donegal.

Anyhow he alluded to the proposed €200 grant for the BER and said that his company would charge €499 for the assessment /cert and a follow up "quality inspection".

Just thought Id throw that out to you all as maybe a benchmark for what to charge for these particular jobs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

That would approach a reasonable fee for anyone looking for a BER certs in an other than "because I have to" frame of mind i.e. a client with a genuine interest in the whole spirit of why have BER's in the first place .

This allows time for a consideration of the specific circumstance of the property , its owner and tailored solutions to reduce the energy demand .

The couldn't care less less client should be aware - you get no grant for BER if you don't carry out at least €500 of grant assisted improvements not counting the BER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just to clarify that a BER cert is not compulsory to avail of the grants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Correct , you can apply for grant assistance for works only .

You can't apply for BER grant unless you do a "before" and "after" BER i.e. both certs are to be "real" i.e. published on SEI list . Buy you can opt out of BER entirely , in the context of this grants scheme

Advertisement