Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting an online account

Options
  • 17-02-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

just looking for a bit of advice really. I've been having a bit of luck with live cash games as of late, and was thinking about investing some money(not everything) into an online account.
    I hate micro-limits and was thinkin along the lines of .25/.5 and maybe if i feel lucky .50/1. So 2 questions:
    1) what would be a suitable amount to lodge into a poker site for a .25/.5 bankroll, im not thinkin of investing a large sum but i want to take a decent stab of online play.
    2) what is the best site that would give a quick return on my money if i play a solid grinding session?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

TOP_TOP wrote: »
    1) what would be a suitable amount to lodge into a poker site for a .25/.5 bankroll, im not thinkin of investing a large sum but i want to take a decent stab of online play.

At least $1k

2) what is the best site that would give a quick return on my money if i play a solid grinding session?

This isn't the way to approach poker. You can in theory go thousands of hands without winning much just through variance.
    Go for an ipoker skin with a decent VIP scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Probably a site better known for its sports betting play gamblers instead of poker players!

Advertisement