Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloth Nappies- Galway

Options
  • 16-02-2009 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm determined to use reuseable nappies.
    I am now resigned to the fact that I'll have to order them on line, but surely I can get the accesories some where locally, I'll need at least 1 nappy bucket & I'd want a regular supply of liners( if I have to order them & pay postage every time i need some, it kind of defeats the purpose)
    Can any one help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I presume this is your first child.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jobrok1

Yeah! We gave this a test run with our twins.
    Went back to non-eco-friendly nappies pretty quick.
    Way too much hassle ordering and getting them delivered.

"Buy in bulk" I hear you say!
    We did. But with twins there's no bulk size big enough.

Compostible disposable nappies are easier. Most organic shops/suppliers would have them. But they do build up, so just chuck 'em in the bin and let them compost in the landfill.
    I know! LANDFILL...!!! But at least they're compostible. And you don't have a small nappy mountain trying to break down in the back of your garden.

Cost is the biggest factor with nappies, though.
    Lidl nappies are what we use. Strong and long lasting. Huggies if we need to buy popular brands.
    Pampers are rubbish. They tear so easily and need to be changed way more often as they swell up to massive proportions. Stay well away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Mothercare has them and the liners.

The bamboo ones are lovely and soft and can hold a lot of liquid.

We used them for over 2 years with no problems other than a more regular change was needed.

get little baggies to put the soiled liners into! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 EcoBrats

Little Angels based in Galway sell the Bambino Mio range of cloth nappies and accessories, including liners and buckets. They also have an online store - details below:

Little Angels, Galway - Terryland Retail Park, Headford Road. Tel: 091-539722

www.littleangels.ie

Hope this helps. I also sell cloth nappies online (amongst other things) and would be happy to give a discount for bulk buying; please PM me if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Smylee

Good Luck with the nappy thing, but don't fork out for a nappy bucket just go to a local cafe and ask them to keep their catering size mayo bucket. This works perfectly for us!

Kylee

• Advertisement

Smylee wrote: »
    Good Luck with the nappy thing, but don't fork out for a nappy bucket just go to a local cafe and ask them to keep their catering size mayo bucket. This works perfectly for us!

That's a fantastic and very enterprising tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

hi there,

you'll get the nappy liners in mothercare. boots is another place to try - sometimes they have the actual nappies but they work out a bit more expensive than buying from an online company, there are lots of them out there and i see ecobrats (which i'm going to have a look at now) have given you their link.

i'm a cloth nappy user and the more babies you have the more economical they become! i've had two girls and i'm 3 months pregnant! people always say "aren't i great" when they see i use cloth nappies but as i started with them and you are washing regularly anyway so it's just an extra load to put on. there are ones called "fluffles" which are really quick to dry - so handy in our weather!

persevere and you'll soon get into a routine with them and you'll be doing a lot for the environment also :) any questions don't hesitate to PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Try www.babyorchard.com, they are based in Bandon co Cork.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Try www.babyorchard.com, they are based in Bandon co Cork.

The website is actually www.thebabyorchard.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bonnamh

Hi,
    I can recommend ecobrats for good prompt service
    I have no connection with them, just bought from them recently
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement