Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two cracked dell xps's

Options
  • 16-02-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

Have two dell xps lap tops in my house. Both of them are cracked in the same place. If you close the computer its the silver part of the casing on the right. One is just cracked but the other is broken in the same place and three little wires are popping out and it won't close properly. As its the exact same place i wonder if its an xps flaw? Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Report it to Dell. Act the upset customer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Yeah, feck it. get onto dell. Any chance of a few pictures?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Overheal wrote: »
    Report it to Dell. Act the upset customer.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I've already reported to dell-they've told me i must have dropped them BOTH! :rolleyes: The cracks appeared in the exact same place on both computers. The older one has the casing broken completely with the wires coming out and won't always start up, as i said with the new one is still just a crack. I was hoping anyone could tell me if they've had the same problem or heard of it so i can go back to dell knowing other people have experienced it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Has this happened to anyone else?
    No. Ive had two recent XPS with no cracks anywhere.

I havent heard of any widespread reports of similar problems on the XPS models on any laptop forums. So I doubt you're going to be able to make a case (to Dell) that there is a flaw with the laptop.

I'd need to see pics of the damage to form an opinion as to how it happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement