Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mount + ventilation

Options
  • 16-02-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Our new 42in LCD requires 4inchs of ventilation top, right, left, bottom, and back when wall mounted according to the manual.

The mammy purchased a low profile wall mount (1inch deep) for 60 euro.

A few questions.

Would it be ok to mount the TV with only 1inch of clearance at the back given there are no air holes on the back most surface or should I just raise the low profile mount by 3inches or so.

Before she brought the wall mount home I was considering just making a wall
    mount myself with some angle steel. I could achieve this for fraction of the price. (TV only 20KG) Any opinions on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 todlambe

Ventilation is key for all mounted LCD's and Plasmas. If you're recessing the screen it is even more important to provide for ventilation. I believe in your case though you should be fine with the 1 inch clearance but check for where the vent holes in the screen are. Make sure these aren't being blocked by anything. Furthermore, make sure your 1-inch clearance supports all the cables you need to connect the TV BEFORE you mount it. Some cables like HDMI may provide to be tricky as far as low-profile mounts go.

Advertisement