Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prewire Home for Surround - Advice Please

Options
  • 16-02-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am buying a new house. The house is built as such but the inside is yet to be wired and plastered etc. This presents me with the opportunity to prewire the sitting room for my surround sound setup.

Unfortunately I dont know anything about prewiring e.g. cables types, proximity to AC cabling etc

What I am trying to achieve (for the moment) is as follows:

Speaker plates at rear of room to manage rear audio and subwoofer
    Possibly another speaker plate to the left front as a fireplace may be occupying the natural placement for the front left speaker. Might also include extra subwoofer connection here to allow for options.
    I presume I need a master speaker plate at the amp to allow the running of cable to the other plates.

I'd also like to run a pair of ceiling speakers from the amp (just the front left and right) into the kitchen. Include a volume control in the kitchen then so I can cut sound when not in use (more often than not I'd reckon)

Anyway, all advice is greatly appreciated. I'm just starting out so; cabling, speaker plates, where to buy etc is all welcome infomation.

Comments

Advertisement