Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new laptop

Options
  • 16-02-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Greeetings I need a new laptop stuck between my wifes and my sons so its only when they are not using I can go online Needs, good graphics ,dvd burner,15 inch and internet. Any one out there any ideas Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

I was in the market for something similar a couple of weeks ago. Bought a HP 550 from dabs.ie, E350 delivered. Price appears to have gone up a little now (probably exchange rate related - a lot of these .ie domains are shipping from UK), but still a good deal.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?quicklinx=5CMY&CategorySelectedId=11012&PageMode=1&InMerch=1

They also have the same on laptopsdirect.ie but they charge 1.5% for using a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Good Graphics???!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Stugots wrote: »
    I was in the market for something similar a couple of weeks ago. Bought a HP 550 from dabs.ie, E350 delivered. Price appears to have gone up a little now (probably exchange rate related - a lot of these .ie domains are shipping from UK), but still a good deal.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?quicklinx=5CMY&CategorySelectedId=11012&PageMode=1&InMerch=1

They also have the same on laptopsdirect.ie but they charge 1.5% for using a credit card.

DO NOT BUY THAT MACHINE!
    Seriously, it is woeful, i know it's cheap, but if you want something at least somewhat future proof dont buy it, and anyway if gaming of any sort is on the cards it wouldnt suit anyway.
    Do you have a budget OP?

Advertisement