Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple domains?

Options
  • 16-02-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi all

does anyone have an opinion on having multiple domains divert to you site? for instance, does it "dilute" your stance with regard to SEO if you register a number of domains that are relevant to you, but are not the primary domain for your site? they would all be IE hosted

any opinions?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

Having multiple domains diverted to your site does not dilute your domain, and depending on the domains could actually help it. If you buy domains that have existing links and set a 301 redirect from that domain to your primary domain, the link values will pass along to your target domain. If the domain is brand new and has no links there will be no SEO value, but could capture type in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IrishBusiness

Appreciate that notnem, thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

No problem at all. Send me a private message if you have any more questions. I know my way round this area :)

Advertisement