Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs Drive-Thru

Options
  • 16-02-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey, the new Supermacs in the Four Lakes Retail Park. Watcha think of it? I think business has slowed down a bit 'cos it's January and we're in a recession n all that shiz. The food is pretty good. Staff are nice enough. But that's just my opinion. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShotgunBoy wrote: »
    Hey, the new Supermacs in the Four Lakes Retail Park. Watcha think of it? I think business has slowed down a bit 'cos it's January and we're in a recession n all that shiz. The food is pretty good. Staff are nice enough. But that's just my opinion. What do ye think?

ive never been not a big fan of their food, and why they needed to open a 2nd outlet in Carlow is beyond me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

ShotgunBoy wrote: »

Think the slow down due to a recession might not have too much to do with it considering that in a recession the two biggest franchises that excel are fast food chains and cinema's. Real studies prove that,

Probably has more to with its decentralisation and food tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Terrible service in the drive thru really.
    You won't really notice until you go through the kfc one how terrible supermacs really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

They are sticking up those drive thru supermacs anywhere these days. Must be trying to put a big challenge to macdonalds and kfc. Is there there even a drive thru mcdonalds here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

There is plenty up in Dublin. But the McDonalds in Carlow is too centralised to have one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Terrible service in the drive thru really.
    You won't really notice until you go through the kfc one how terrible supermacs really is.

Was in that Supermacs. Grand place. The KFC though.....Ever been in it?
    Now,I'm not fussy,but I could'nt believe how filthy the place was. Terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

do you need to get out of your car to have a fight? supermacs is always good for a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

back to the OP's question what do we think of Supermac's drive thru?

Other posters please note this does not mean you are entitled to go out on tangents about McDonalds & Burger King. I am very disappointed that even the moderators of this forum engaged in this most heinous of activities. :mad::mad:

I really like the drive thru, but then i like supermacs. The staff are lovely, the kids like the place. it is really clean and the food is off a better quality than McD's or KFC. And most importantly the hot chocolate muffin and ice cream is to die for.

:p:p:p

apologies queen-mise I have moved the selected posts to the random waffle thread

queen-mise wrote: »
    back to the OP's question what do we think of Supermac's drive thru?

Other posters please note this does not mean you are entitled to go out on tangents about McDonalds & Burger King. I am very disappointed that even a moderator of this forum engaged in this most heinous of activities. :mad::mad:

I really like the drive thru, but then i like supermacs. The staff are lovely, the kids like the place. it is really clean and the food is off a better quality than McD's or KFC. And most importantly the hot chocolate muffin and ice cream is to die for.

:p:p:p

just to be politically correct.:)

my comment was not off on a tangent i interpreted the post to be about how did i think supermacs drive through was doing not it's food. I certainly didn't publically post for any other chains of restaurants to enter carlow or ones i would wish to see in carlow.:)

Now back on topic.

I don't like it. I never found their food up to scratch and with all the recorded complaints against them over the years i would refrain from eating there. There's my 2c on the issue at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I'm sorry Queen Mise *sheepishly leaves the room* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

patrickc wrote: »
    apologies queen-mise I have moved the selected posts to the random waffle thread

i was joking....

i was wondering where the random bk & kfc posts appeared out of in random waffle thread, they had nothing got to do with the valentines discussion i was reading yesterday.:confused:

stick-dan wrote: »
    just to be politically correct.:)

my comment was not off on a tangent i interpreted the post to be about how did i think supermacs drive through was doing not it's food. I certainly didn't publically post for any other chains of restaurants to enter carlow or ones i would wish to see in carlow.:)

Now back on topic.

I don't like it. I never found their food up to scratch and with all the recorded complaints against them over the years i would refrain from eating there. There's my 2c on the issue at hand.

trying to shop your fellow mods in it now are ya:eek:

patrickc wrote: »
    trying to shop your fellow mods in it now are ya:eek:

em well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I've only been in it once, but I liked it. I went in to sit down though, I didn't get drive through. Staff seemed nice, the place was clean.... which you'd expect with it being brand spanking new..... and the food was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I used the drive thru for the first time last night. Everything went just as a drive thru should, but after eating the food I was left wishing for Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Ah well, too bad..! Ha ha everything was perfect but I wanted something different. The same but different. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

been the supermacs drive thru and sit down, i personally prefer supermacs to mcd and bk. partly because its helping irish business also partly i think that the food is produced to a fresher standard.
    the drive thru, i only ever had one problem in the 5-6 times i've done it. was just slow but nothing you wouldnt expect from anywhere else.
    must say over all the staff are the best fast food staff i have ever had. food is usually cooked to demand, not pre-prepared so its not under those heat lamps forever!

restaurant is always clean inside and out. and now i see that they accept laser and cards so no worries about payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 myshallman

been in there a few times and I like it. friendly and helpful staff food very good and quick service, I havent used the drive thru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why do they insist on sticking the straw in your drink for you. Are we considered incapable of doing it for ourselves or do they have huge amounts of straw thefts?

It is also bad if you are using the drive thru. I don't want coke going all over my car because they stuck the straw in my drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I have a fear of Supermacs due to over exposure to Dulin St Supermacs on a Saturday night! What time does the drive thru close at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

11pm to my knowledge. it actual 100 times better then the dublin street one btw.

Advertisement