Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam topics!

Options
  • 16-02-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am doing the leaving cert and just wondering if any1 could help me with a few essay questions on racism in french? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Synods

Remember that whenever the question is about a problem (eg racism) the easiest angles to take are the causes and possible solutions.....if your really lazy you could even just learn the phrase to say that there are no solutions, that way you just have to learn the causes!
    If your looking for an A though i probably wouldnt reccomend this option.... you could just end up with a short essay and come across as a real pessimist!

Causes: people express racist sentiments because they feel strangers are the cause of all the problems in their country.
    For example, we accuse them of being the primary cause of unemployment and "d'enlever le pain de la bouche des gens du pays" ( taking the bread from the mouths of the citizens ie taking jobs, etc.)
    We also hold them equally responsible for the insecurity and delinquency, especially in the towns and suburbs of our cities.

Solutions: education in schools to familiarise ourselves with the different cultures, that sort of idea..

They're just a few brief examples, but remember the best thing is to come up with your own opinions on the subject. if you genuinely agree with something your far more likely to remember it in the exam.....and there's nothing correctors despise more than people learning of reams of irrelevance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Don't bother coming up with really good points because you'll find it hard to express in French. Most of your marks goes towards good use of French. You should do a lot of work on your grammar. I find that it's always the grammar that gets me down such as misplacing simple things like a, de, etc. Learn off some good stock phrases and these will give your essays the good expressions they needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ciarán_1

thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=453

That might be of some use to you.

Advertisement