Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T1D and concentration

Options
  • 16-02-2009 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭

Do any of the diabetics here experience an extreme lack of concentration?
    I returned to college recently, last time was before diabetes, and find that the work is MUCH harder and there just isn't enough hours in the day to keep up with the work. Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Hi Kowloon

I'm a type 2 diagnosed 3 years ago, I find that I get tired very easily, and can fall asleep anywhere, last year my gp noticed that my Vitamin B12 levels were right down at minimum, so he started me on B12 injections every 3 months, after 2 months I started flagging again so now I have them every 2months, plus 5mg of folic acid daily. Still tired most of the time but I have more stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Interesting, must discuss that with the doc. I find I do fall asleep quite easily, but for short periods. Can you not increase vitamin b12 through diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Its something to do with metformin the drug I take, interferes with the "intrinsic factor" that has something to do with getting b12 ingested through the gut, it cannot be taken orally, due to this.

Advertisement