Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulbs - mould spots

Options
  • 15-02-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

I bought some lilly bulbs a couple of weeks ago, didn't get a chance to plant them out until today. I noticed they had a few mould spots - they were clean when I got them - so it must have been damp in the shed where i stored them.

I planted them - will they suffer because of the mould spots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Did you just plant them straight in?

I have had bulbs before that have got a small amount of mould on them, same as you, from storing them in a shed. I usually just clean the mould off before planting them and have never had any problems.

The problem arrises where the mould is not just a surface mould but goes deeper into the bulp. In that case the buld may not feel as firm as it should and if soft I would not use it.

However you said they were only in your shead for a while so should not be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

The damage was only on the surface - I wiped the big spots before planting and the bulbs felt firm.

Just need a dry spell for them to take, I hope.

Advertisement