Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i think i may have a virus :(

Options
  • 15-02-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

have a dell 640m and had 2 hard drives connected to it transferring files...my own and a friends. noticed durning the file transferring that lost internet connection. anyways when i disconnected both hard drives i got the "blue screen" saying windows had shut down for protection etc...
    i restarted the laptop and nothing seems to work now. i cannot connect to the internet. Intel Pro keeps saying "Cannot apply profile" when i try to connect and it gives a pop up from the task bar saying "driver not installed"
    i upgraded the wireless pro driver a while back but i transferred the file to my harddrive. i thought i could try re-apply this again but i cannot pick up an hard drives or memory keys. i also wanted to take all my stuff off the laptop in case i lost it but i cant connect any usb device to it
    bluetooth is also giving errors that the licence has expired. my anti - virus seems to have disappeard and my firewall is not working either.
    im pretty sure ive gotten a virus but with no net connection or able to connect a usb i havent a clue where to go next...

any advce or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Comments

Advertisement