Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Supplier Dublin

Options
  • 15-02-2009 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Just wondering if there is any supplier in dublin for of an Australian wine called PAINTERS COVE (shriaz cabernet)- I had this in the finnstown house with a meal last night and it is very tasty -

Hope someone can help !!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Have never heard of Painters Cove, but if you like your Aussie Shiraz, as I do, pick up the Heartland or Earthworks if you see them about. Really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

It's part of the Casella wine family portfolio from Griffith NSW. Same producer as yellow tail. Therefore Gilbeys aka Diagio are the suppliers. Not as successful a label as Yellow tail and may not be available off premise. It is quite probably the same wine under a different label for restaurant sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Off-topic, but re: Matt Kane's post, check out...

http://www.wineaustralia.com/Canada/Default.aspx?tabid=5008

Ben Glaetzer is Directror / Chief Winemaker at Heartland and he has put together a series of short, punchy podcasts on the main grapes / styles of Aussie wine. Worth a look for anyone interested in wine, he has a decent style and the grapes are all well-known ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

rediguana wrote: »
    Off-topic, but re: Matt Kane's post, check out...

http://www.wineaustralia.com/Canada/Default.aspx?tabid=5008

Ben Glaetzer is Directror / Chief Winemaker at Heartland and he has put together a series on short, punchy podcasts on the main grapes / styles of Aussie wine. Worth a look for anyone interested in wine, he has a decent style and the grapes are all well-known ones...

Cool, thanks very much. Going to meet the man himself in Spring so really looking forward to it. He's coming to Ireland! Galway I think.

Advertisement