Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studio 15 - Keeping Knocking Off?

Options
  • 15-02-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi Guys So Basically I was on the laptop last night and it knocked off as i was doing something.
    This has happened the odd time before especially when the bottom of the laptop felt really hot.
    But when i knocked it on the next time it was trying to install an update before log on and you can see it just about gets to log on screen and it knocks off.
    Im Really worried as i need the laptop for college and i can't do my work without it:(:(
    I only got the laptop in September off dell .. Does any one know what the problem could be ??

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What do you mean by "knocks off". As in it completely dies just like that, or does it give an error and die, or does it tell you it recovered from an error when you restart it?
    I presume you had the battery in securely and it was plugged in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Yes the Battery Was in securerly . Well It Suddenly Knocks off * Reboots and doesn't give me a reason. Only At the start it says windows had encountered a problem.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

wannabepr wrote: »
    Only At the start it says windows had encountered a problem.

Now we're getting somewhere, does it give you options to start windows normally, in safe mode, etc etc?

EDIT: If not, when you restart tap f8 from the second it turns on to enter the startup menu

Yes It Lists a few Options,Safe Mode Is One of them.

wannabepr wrote: »
    Yes It Lists a few Options,Safe Mode Is One of them.

Is there one that says "last known good configuration"? Choose that one if therre is

• Advertisement

It actually doesn't seem to be auto going into the safe mode screen? Isn't it either F1 or one of the F's will make it go into that screen??

I got it but it only says:

Safe Mode
    Safe Mode With Networking
    Safe Mode With Command Prompt

Start Windows normally

Is there one that says "last known good configuration"? Choose that one if therre is

Hi I Got that Screen :)

Advertisement