Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBood Rip off for Ireland

Options
  • 15-02-2009 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Just been onto ibood.com as I do most nights to see what's on offer. Tonight it's an Archos 705 wifi which is a very nice piece of kit at the great price of €169.95 (+ €12.95 shipping)

I checked the UK version of the site & it's £59.95 (+ £7.95 shipping) Worst case exchange about €85 + shipping.

That's me gone as a potential customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not really rip off Ireland. It's €169 regardless of which eurozone country you pick (and Poland too)

The stg price may well be a mistake. Maybe it should be stg£159.

If it's a great price at €169 what difference does it make what it costs in another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

iMax wrote: »
    great price of €169.95 (+ €12.95 shipping)....
    Sounds like you are biting off your nose to spite your face.

That would be like me saying I was thirsty and went to tesco, 2L coke was on offer at only 50cent, but then I found out it is only 10p in the UK, so feck them, I will stay thirsty or pay €2 for a 2L of fanta in dunnes.

I hope you do not own an ipod or console, the "exchange rate" apple, nintendo etc use is very bad too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Chill, it's a mistake on the UK price.

There's a message on the discussion saying so, and that orders taken at the mitake price will not be honoured. The UK price is £159.95 now.

I'm as conscious as anybody about rip-offs in this country, but c'mon, put away the pitchforks and torches!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I love how loads of people dived in with "omg, your ripping off Irish people" How come these people all check the GBP price and the price that shows for Ireland but not other Eurozone prices and the polish price. I think some people are just looking for things to be outraged about.

Dinostevious is getting well stuck in with conspiracy theories and everything.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stekelly wrote: »
    I think some people are just looking for things to be outraged about.
    Yes, the OP thought it was a great price, then goes and checks the UK price, thinks it is a "ripoff" and says

,now they have been told it was a mistake, so not is it suddenly a great price once again? will they now buy it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement