Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superstitions and wine - anybody?????

Options
  • 14-02-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Recently I have had a mysterious date, where the guy said it's a superstition drinking wine (we were having white wine) from a champagne glass....why? I never got the answer....so does anybody have any clue??? Please let me know, as I am really interested. Thanks a mill Petrita :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Cos of the werewolves. Nasty things they are. Don't like people who don't understand proper wine drinking etiquette!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Petrita wrote: »
    Recently I have had a mysterious date, where the guy said it's a superstition drinking wine (we were having white wine) from a champagne glass....why? I never got the answer....so does anybody have any clue??? Please let me know, as I am really interested. Thanks a mill Petrita :o
    Yano, i'm not sure why petrita!!.

Maybe the answer will be in this science book....
    41q9it5WWTL.jpg
    Oh. Wait. No it's not :p.

Welcome to the forum btw :).

Yano, i'm not sure why petrita!!.

Maybe the answer will be in this science book....
    41q9it5WWTL.jpg
    Oh. Wait. No it's not :p.

Welcome to the forum btw :).

Actually, it could be. Champagne flutes are designed to maintain the fizzyiness of the wine. Normal wine glasses are that bowl shape to allow the tannins (at least in red wine) to breath and give wine that wonderful nose*

*this might be true, it might not. I drink wine straight from the bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

feylya wrote: »
    Don't like people who don't understand proper wine drinking etiquette!
    feylya wrote: »
    . I drink wine straight from the bottle

*cough*

*hack*

*cough*

:D

*cough*

*hack*

*cough*

:D

Just because I know how to drink wine properly doesn't mean I do it while in private. Straight from the bottle means less washing up the next morning when I'm hungover

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hi OP,

Although this forum does cater somewhat to spooky stuffs like superstition, you can expect a high humour rate to the answers. If you want a serious answer without the laughs, I have no problem moving this to the appropriate forum (I can see you're new so I'm not sure how aware you are in the differences betwixt forums.)

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Petrita

That would be really cool. Thanks Petra :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Moved from the Nocturnal Forum. Enjoy. :)

Advertisement