Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makita Drill?

Options
  • 14-02-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

Seen a Makita 18V drill set with extra battery and 101 drill piece set in B&Q this weekend for €92....

Is this any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fulhamc

Makita make good drills. Check the amp hour of the battery. The higher the better, e.g. 1.3AH will do small jobs but will need recharging more quickly than a 2.3AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

This sounds like very good value. Makita are about the best you can get. For that money it will do small jobs very well but dont expect it to drill 20mm holes in masonary, however it will drill wood upto (20mm), steel (12mm) or masonary (12mm) with comfortable ease. Not to mention its very good as a screw gun. Please note my diameters are only rough guides and manufacturers instructions will show true sizes. Hope this helps. Good luck.

If it any of these or similar you are onto a winner. Even the next range below these (without lithium-ion battery) will be well worth €92. Would like to take one but for this damn crunch!
    http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?fh_view_size=6&fh_reffacet=categories&fh_eds=%3f&fh_maxdisplaynrvalues_featuresBrand=-1&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7b10082%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b10084%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9181016%7d%2ffeaturesBrand%3dMakita&fh_refview=lister&fh_refpath=facet_51277854&ts=1234640217026

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I thought it was a good deal when I Was last in there, and if I didn't already have a similar make/model I would have bought one by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

I rang b&q liffey valley & they don't have any makita drills corded or cordless for €92 :confused::confused:

wheer did you see this great offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭maidhc

It was on the examiner yesterday. We have a 24 year old Makita at home that has been abused all its life.

I'm not a fan of battery drills, but definately you could hardly go wrong at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

i used to sell industrial powertools for a living...

and yes this is good value...u will find that that one comes with 1.3AH batteries...which is grand for around the home...the ones i used to sell had 2.6-3ah batteries, were heavier and stronger but cost about 550 euro...

so yes its a good buy.

also, ryobi do some good stuff...they have a crappy diy range but they also have some industrial strenght stuff aimed at competing with makita and dewalt but at about half the price and pretty much just as good..(depending on the tool in question..but this applies to 2 tools that come to mind, the 18v hammerdrill driver with steel chuck, and the 24v sds drill)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

signman12 wrote: »
    I rang b&q liffey valley & they don't have any makita drills corded or cordless for €92 :confused::confused:

wheer did you see this great offer

Fridays Evening Herald

Edit: I've rang around a good few B&Q's and there is none left. They sold out an hour or two once stores were open on friday....Tits, wanted one myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

They had a stack of these in waterford today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Makita offloading their stock before the Makita Lithium-ion's are released here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

sparkzter wrote: »
    This sounds like very good value. Makita are about the best you can get. For that money it will do small jobs very well but dont expect it to drill 20mm holes in masonary, however it will drill wood upto (20mm), steel (12mm) or masonary (12mm) with comfortable ease. Not to mention its very good as a screw gun. Please note my diameters are only rough guides and manufacturers instructions will show true sizes. Hope this helps. Good luck.

If it any of these or similar you are onto a winner. Even the next range below these (without lithium-ion battery) will be well worth €92. Would like to take one but for this damn crunch!
    http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?fh_view_size=6&fh_reffacet=categories&fh_eds=%3f&fh_maxdisplaynrvalues_featuresBrand=-1&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7b10082%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b10084%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9181016%7d%2ffeaturesBrand%3dMakita&fh_refview=lister&fh_refpath=facet_51277854&ts=1234640217026

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Makita offloading their stock before the Makita Lithium-ion's are released here.

no it was a company that had recieved a large order of power tools from makita, the company was in trouble & makita refused to accept them as returns.
    so they were bidded on by various groups & b&q were the highest.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

Buy it there a deadly drill. Allternative would be the Ryobi which are another great drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

Hey

I am looking for one of these Drills can anyone help , Either let me know where I can get one or pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

dunser, just back from b&q in newry. they have about 40 of these left. the sign says 99.98 stg but they are scanning at 79 stg at the till. i got one last week but had to go back for a second one for brother in law.

hope you can make it down.they are selling fast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Seen the 18v with the 101 bit set on offer yesterday for €117

They also had another set of 2 screw guns in a box for €113

Advertisement