Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaflet drops

Options
  • 14-02-2009 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi everyone,

i am just in the process of launching a new business.
    its not a big business just a one man and a van type of set up.
    can anyone recommend any companies that do door to door leaflet drops and what do they normally charge per 1000.

also where would one get a list of names and address"s of people in certain wealth brackets so that i can send out some direct targeted mailing offering the service that i intend to provide.

i know that lists like these can be bought in england so i presume they can also be purchased in this country.

sorry by the way i am in the south and west dublin areas.

thanking you all in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭poreilly101

Ok, with regards to a data base I would recommend “Kompas“. This is designed for the B2B environment but will give you the details of CEO’s, GM’s etc. It’s a nationwide database so may be over kill if your dealing locally but check it out none the less.

As for the flyers, I’d be slow to hire a company but rather get someone with local knowledge (schools, colleges or employment ctrs) to distribute for you. An idea may be have a tracking code as to how the lead was/is generated, therefore you can have an incentive or commission for the person doing the drops. i.e each lead worth €10 or something similar.

Best of luck with the venture…

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

Hi,

You can easily google some leaflet companies.
    If you decide to do it yourself be aware that since Jan 2009 there is a TOTAL ban on leaflets distribution in Dublin and the penalties can be as high as €19000!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Tav wrote: »
    Hi,

You can easily google some leaflet companies.
    If you decide to do it yourself be aware that since Jan 2009 there is a TOTAL ban on leaflets distribution in Dublin and the penalties can be as high as €19000!

Why is there a ban in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

there is no ban

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

blue4ever wrote: »
    there is no ban

There is a major clampdown in the city centre though, unless you have a permit.

• Advertisement

zAbbo wrote: »
    There is a major clampdown in the city centre though, unless you have a permit.

This came up before and it wasn’t concluded.

In a previous incarnation I had to deal with the Corpo on this issue – well more to do with the litter act (where most get caught). But there is no ‘licence’ or permits issued to anyone. The distribution of printed material is protected under our constitution – free speech, the right to assembly and all that.

No, it has to be said, if your leaflet or distribution company does a sloppy job and there is litter – then the corpo will punish you (and rightly so)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

blue4ever wrote: »
    This came up before and it wasn’t concluded.

In a previous incarnation I had to deal with the Corpo on this issue – well more to do with the litter act (where most get caught). But there is no ‘licence’ or permits issued to anyone. The distribution of printed material is protected under our constitution – free speech, the right to assembly and all that.

No, it has to be said, if your leaflet or distribution company does a sloppy job and there is litter – then the corpo will punish you (and rightly so)

Interesting, some conflicting information I'm getting from Gardai and DCC.

Do you have any links to info on this, feel free to PM me - would be interested when running my next campaign.

PM'd

C

zAbbo,

What I said isn't something that I just overheard but you can go the same route as we did to check it out:

1. This article was the first one that came up:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0109/litter.html

Quote:
    "Pubs must provide cigarette bins outside their premises and the distribution of leaflets and flyers has been completely banned."

2. Then we contacted dublin city and this is the reply we received:
    "Dear ,

I regret to inform you that there is a total ban on fliers/leaflets in the Dublin City Council area. I am forwarding you the protocol for applying for a permit for the distribution of sampling materials which sets out the details of handing out promotional material. Unfortunately, leaflets would not be included in this.

Regards,

Tony Gorman,
    Litter Management Office."

You can take that further and enquire again with Tony Gorman at tony.gorman@dublincity.ie

I believe he won't mind me giving out his email address as this is was a direct business message.

So, for me it was clear enough that there is a ban in Dublin.

Tav

Your email was very interesting and I stand corrected(ish)

I called a guy who runs a distribution business and this was not DCC policy some time back. He confirmed that there has been a change of heart in Dublin City Council.

The have introduced permit system – for their area only. Primarily it’s to stop drops in high traffic areas (Grafton, O’Connell etc).

However, seemingly outside Dublin City Council is fair game and can still be done without a licence.

Door To Door (letterbox) is still ok citywide.

C

• Advertisement

I really wish I was wrong because in my opinion that ban is absolutely unnecessary.
    We tried to go around it and distribute the leaflets in Shopping centres but the management wouldn't agree on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

I read somewhere that you can get the local newspaper to put one of your flyers in with the paper,not sure what they charge though,was thinking of doing this myself as i have to get out about five thousand flyers myself.

Advertisement