Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swansea V Fulham

Options
  • 13-02-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Fulham 9/5 to win. I think it's a great punt.

Granted Fulham's away form has been poor in the Premiership this season (0 away win!!!), but this is against a Swansea team that have only won 11/31 in the Championship this season.

Fulham are very solid at the back and I reckon they'll brush Swansea aside at a very good price.

A Premiership side against a Championship side at very good odds.

I know it's FA Cup but that's why its called gambling.................:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

Like you say Fulham haven't won a single away game this season but your stats on Swansea are misleading. They haven't lost in 15 and beat Pompie away in the last round. Lay of Fulham for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    a Swansea team that have only won 11/31 in the Championship this season.

Very selective stat that. If you'd said 'a Swansea team that have only lost 5 all season, less than the leaders and second lowest in the division', then that would also be correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

Fulham have won in the third and fourth round AWAY to lower league opposition. Cup is different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Fulham home and Fulham away are like two completely different teams.

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Hey stats can be used to prove anything, 67% of people know that!!:D

Fair enough comments lads but I still really fancy Fulham. Swansea are unbeaten in 15, how many have been draws against poor Championship sides?

It's a gamble, ya gotta stick your neck out sometimes.

Lawro's Prediction (BBC Sport) fancies Swansea to win 2-0, even more reason to go with Fulham :)

Ah sure we'll see what happens....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nailed on draw IMO. Not many sides have come away from Swansea with a win this season and as pointed out Fulham rarely win on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Ahh well, fair result. :(

Advertisement