Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie eagle

• 13-02-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

Anyone know if this dude is still around,
    he does all the old school stuff.

he tattoo'd my dad back in the day,
    he was saying he was one of the most popular artists back in the early 90s.

I went to were the place should of been, but its now a adult shop.

If anyone has any idea or information let me know.

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

It wasnt Johnny Eagle by any chance was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

hmmm it could of been.
    but my dad was certain it was eddie,
    he done a good bit of work on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

This him? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Diceicle wrote: »

:D:D

Seriously though I think its Johnny Eagle--got my first ink done off him way back in 1992.
    God I feel old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

eah he done me back in the day,its all covered now(thank god),but at the time it was all good,dont know where he is now???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Diceicle wrote: »

I heard him on the radio a couple of weeks ago. A cracking chap. He's a plasterer now and he loves it. He has a law degree as well!
    He found it hilarious that all the Olympic big wigs were so annoyed that he was taking all the media's attention when he was in it. And that they had to set up the "Eddie Eagle" rule to make sure underdogs like him never got in again!

They're making a film about him now with Steve Coogan playing the great man.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sleipnir wrote: »

They're making a film about him now with Steve Coogan playing the great man.

Now if ever a role was made for Steve Coogan that has to be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

OP im preet certain you mean Johnny Eagle. His shop is located on Bolton Street now, Just past the tech and around the corner. AFAIK and its called Eagle tattoo studio with a blue shop front. My oul fella got his two and only tattoos there too. He had a good artist working there a while back named Darren, But I think he has left since. Dont think Johnny does the tattooing anymore so I dont know what artist is in the shop.

dancor wrote: »
    OP im preet certain you mean Johnny Eagle. His shop is located on Bolton Street now, Just past the tech and around the corner. AFAIK and its called Eagle tattoo studio with a blue shop front. My oul fella got his two and only tattoos there too. He had a good artist working there a while back named Darren, But I think he has left since. Dont think Johnny does the tattooing anymore so I dont know what artist is in the shop.

very good,he was up on capel street y think when i was there,but that was early 90s....but im prity sure im right.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Yes thats the tattoo shop off Bolton Street top of Caple Street i dont know who is working there now.

• Advertisement

marti101 wrote: »
    Yes thats the tattoo shop off Bolton Street top of Caple Street i dont know who is working there now.

no id have no idea whatsover....????mad used to go in there and the place be full anytime ya go in,but them were the days of folk getting tatts that took 10 mins to do:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Graham Echoing Chalkboard

dancor wrote: »

Thats where his shop has always been.

I had my first tattoo done there about 25yrs ago by the original Johnny Eagle (the dad), his son then done the other's.

As far as I know the place is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tattoostylebb

Advertisement