Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 1720, screen cracked. Need replacement instructions or service guide.

Options
  • 13-02-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Last week I managed to crack the WUXGA (1920x1200) 17" screen right down the middle on my 1 year old Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop.:mad::(

So since theres no repairing it I need to replace it. I have found a replacement screen for 150€ off of ebay. :rolleyes:

Can anybody provide me with instructions, and/or the Dell Inspiron/Vostro 1720 service manual so that I can replace the screen myself. :p

I know it may be difficult, but I'm a hands on person and I have worked in a PC shop and built many PC's so im willing do give it a shot so as not to put money into the hands of those traitors at Dell anyway!:D

Comments

Advertisement