Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin SPCA Poster Competition for Nation School Students classes 3rd to 6th

Options
  • 13-02-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, my name is Gillian Bird and I am the Education Officer at the Dublin SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). I give talks to schools in Dublin and surrounding counties about the work we do and the importance of responsible pet care and respect for animals and the environment.
    You can find out more by checking out our website www.dspca.ie

I am letting people know about a fab new competition we have just launched. It is an exciting new nationwide poster competition, open to national school children from 3rd to 6th class.

The Sim Animals Dublin SPCA Poster Competition is inviting children to create a poster around the theme “Happy Animals means a Happy World.” The winning child will win a games console, a copy of the new Sim Animals game from EA and a day with a Dublin SPCA inspector, as well as having their winning poster displayed in Smyth’s toy stores nationwide.

First Prize Student will receive a Nintendo Wii console, SIM Animals Game, and a day (with guardian) along with Dublin SPCA Inspector to see firsthand our rescue team at work.

The Teacher of the winning student will receive a Nintendo DS console, a copy of the SIM Animals game and a Dublin SPCA adopt an animal sponsorship.

10 Runner-up Students will receive a copy of the SIM Animals game (available in either Nintendo DS or Wii format) and a Dublin SPCA adopt an animal sponsorship.

Each winner will receive a certificate of achievement from the Dublin SPCA

Posters must be on A3 paper and can be of any medium. Posters should interpret how the students think what the phrase “Happy Animals means a Happy World” means to them. All entries must be submitted by Thursday 12th March 2009.

Entry forms can be found at www.dspca.ie

Advertisement