Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently teaching on part time hours

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Just wondering do you still move up the salary scale if you are on part time hours (17hrs)? I will have a year teaching experience at the end of this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Do you have a contract? If so, yes:

http://www.asti.ie/pdfs/Circulars/2007/IncrementalCredit292007.pdf
    Under a Pro-Rata Teacher Contract (RPT) – the following is with effect from 20th December 2001 or date of appointment, if later:
    A teacher appointed in a qualified capacity under a written pro-rata contract shall receive an increment for each year of satisfactory service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Are we getting a payrise in September though? I thought there was a pay freeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Dont tell me theyre stopping increments as well?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

ytareh wrote: »
    Dont tell me theyre stopping increments as well?!

I don't think so. I think the new pay agreement we voted for meant we were getting the next pay rise (3.5%) next september separate to increments. That has probably gone out the window at this stage. It has nothing to do with increments as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

cb7 wrote: »
    Just wondering do you still move up the salary scale if you are on part time hours (17hrs)? I will have a year teaching experience at the end of this year.

I'm in the same situation, have heard nothing and it doesn't appear likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Coolio

From what I gather from the TUI, ASTI and Dept of Ed websites, if you work 600hrs that counts as an increment. The link below outlines the technical details.

http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/pp_incremental_note.doc?language=EN

hope this helps.

As regards pay freeze, we were due two pay increases, one back in september and one in early 2010 but both have been shelved probably indefinitely.

However, you will still receive the normal service increments as you reach them.

Advertisement