Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4-Pin ATX Extension Cable - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I think I saw them in Maplins in Blanchardstown when I was picking up an adapter, you should ring around a few Maplins & Peats, one of the two should have one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Thanks for that. I'm near a pc world but I don't hold out much hope of them having it or for reasonable price. A trip to Blanch might be called for. I hate to be stopped by one little cable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I got mine out in the blanch about 3weeks maplins sell them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PC World should have an 8pin extension for about €6 or €8 (I can't remember which). I imagine that should do the job for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I saw that in PC world but I don't have 8 pin on the power supply so it wouldn't work. I got to maplins in the city centre yesterday and they had them out on the floor. I was surprised that Peats didn't stock them at all. Anyway all is good now. My new AMD Phenom II 940 is ready to play with at last. Its only been a couple of days but it seemed like eternity!

Thanks for all your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

i think ac means to just use the same pins on wither side

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i done the dangerous thing, and cut the wires, and soldered on my own extension on before wrapping it in insulation tape. done the trick :D

Advertisement