Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to make an appointment for a tattoo?.

Options
  • 13-02-2009 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Mines a very simple one..

300px-Judo_pictogram.svg.png

To be (possibly) done on either my upper back/ lower neck or calf.

I like simplicity, and Judo is everything to me.

Without expanding on it, my dedication to Judo has literally saved my life.

Would I need to book an appointment to have this done, or can I walk in off the street, I'm in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You would generally need to make an appointment, some places accept walk-ins if they are not busy, or on a particular day though (Usually Saturday I think)

Just be sure that you are comfortable with the place, the artist, and are sure that the artist turns out good quality work in the style you want.

Have you looked at any portfolios or have anywhere in particular in mind?
    If you're looking at portfolios, you want to look at their solid black work, make sure it all looks nice and bold and even and that their lines are all nice and smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tbh, its a long time since I've had a tattoo done and wouldn't know what or where to be looking, any recommendations would be greatly appricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Italians in Art Tattoo in Temple Bar are almost always recommended for black work.
    My own black work was done by Mariusz in Snakebite on Middle Abbey St., but he's on extended leave at the minute...
    I also heard good things about the blackwork from Stigmata-Tau in Swords.

Don't forget to keep us posted, and maybe drop in a photo of the finished piece when you get it done too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

that is actually really a cool little piece.. depending on size i reckon most studios could nearly slot that in without appointment..

have a walk around a few places and you will see a place you like. go in early and it will probably happen that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

At the moment most shops could fit you in during the week but if you want a Saturday or Sunday I'd book it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

At the moment most shops could fit you in during the week but if you want a Saturday or Sunday I'd book it.

A few places kinda frown on bookings for weekend work, but more if it where a big peice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

If you want to get in for a big piece/work at the weekend you should book it. I don't see why anybody should frown on getting guaranteed work and a deposit?

Thanks for the replies guys, much appricated.

Just an update and a 'thank you' for the earlier advice.

I've booked an appointment for Saturday, Sept 12th with the guys (Cathal) up in Stigmata in Swords, Dublin.

I'll post up a photo of the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Just an update and a 'thank you' for the earlier advice.

I've booked an appointment for Saturday, Sept 12th with the guys (Cathal) up in Stigmata in Swords, Dublin.

I'll post up a photo of the results.

I've had 4 pieces done by Cathal. He's very good and very nice.

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I've had 4 pieces done by Cathal. He's very good and very nice.

Yea he seem's cool.

They even gave me a stencil of the tattoo to take away and apply to my calf to see what it'll look like while I'm waiting - but that would spoil the surprise so I'm just going to wait.

But I thought it was a nice gesture all the same.

Advertisement