Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Set Up, Help

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I am lookin a new poker set up, i have been lookin up 2plus2 forums but all the guys on there are buildin their own set ups and i have no clue as to how to do that.
    I am looking for 2 maybe even 3 monitors,(20"-24") is there any custom built set ups like these that can be bought??
    Or is it hard to assemble if all the componenets are bought seperately??

Thanks in advance , Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Hey Pete, best monitors to go for are the Dell 2408's, great at pretty much anything you through at them.

You can get them from here:

http://www.pcbuyit.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=418

They deliver with no hassle to Ireland vat free. I dont think you need to mess around with custom setups tbh. With the Dell 2408 the stands are really good and its really easy move each monitor around... you can even have them setup vertically if thats what you want.

Just one note of caution - make sure you get the Rev AO1 when buying the 2408 - there were lots of issues with Rev A00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

Thanks, i think i worded my question wrong, i am looking for a whole system, PC and monitors.

I have found this which i think looks class, i was thinking of upgrading to 24" instead of 22 " on the screens

http://www.cube247.co.uk/?customise=8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

any pc on the market today will do for poker, u certainly don't need to build a custom rig. it only starts getting a little complicated if you're looking to run three monitors.

edit: any basic model is more than enough, poker apps aren't very demanding, that pc u posted is just overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I'm about to get myself a couple of monitor's for my Laptop, is there anything I need to check on my lappy to make sure it can handle dual screens or is it just a case of plugging them in and DL'ing some software to get an extended desktop??

Sorry for the basic Q, I haven't even googled it, it's just something I'm considering ATM...

Also, is that the price of monitors that can handle 1920x1200 Res?? Seems pricey, is there a cheaper 2x 20" option out there??

any pc on the market today will do for poker, u certainly don't need to build a custom rig. it only starts getting a little complicated if you're looking to run three monitors.

edit: any basic model is more than enough, poker apps aren't very demanding, that pc u posted is just overkill.

Yes i know thats true but i want to get at least 2 or 3 monitors goin and was having trouble finding a company that did then. This seems to be the best i have seen and should last a long time.

Any other suggestions to some similar sets if possible a little cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Yes i know thats true but i want to get at least 2 or 3 monitors goin and was having trouble finding a company that did then. This seems to be the best i have seen and should last a long time.

Any other suggestions to some similar sets if possible a little cheaper?
    AFAIK, (which from my post above isn't too much) but running 2 monitors isn't a major problem at all once you have a semi decent Video Card... as for 3 monitors, I've no clue at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

flagship.jpg

OMG that is the sickest set up i have ever seen. How much would that retail for??

http://www.thev1chair.com/systems.htm
    prob 4-5k + monitors and desktop

http://www.thev1chair.com/systems.htm
    prob 4-5k + monitors and desktop

Thats overkill completely but still looks the part :)

Is that what you have at home??

• Advertisement

Thats overkill completely but still looks the part :)

Is that what you have at home??
    no, was looking into it a while back to see if they could put a different chair in(freedom or aeron) but its just too much for what you get. A nice desk with 2-3 decent monitors+ decent computer is just as good imo. also its not that hard to build your own computer once you have all the parts. all you need is a screwdriver. heres a parts list i used for a setup

no, was looking into it a while back to see if they could put a different chair in(freedom or aeron) but its just too much for what you get. A nice desk with 2-3 decent monitors+ decent computer is just as good imo. also its not that hard to build your own computer once you have all the parts. all you need is a screwdriver. heres a parts list i used for a setup

wat do u think of the set up i posted above?? as in value for money, it will come to abou 1500 stg wit a few extras??

looks pretty sweet. try and see if you can find any reviews on it. also shop around to price similar systems or individuals parts of to see if you can something thats better and cheaper.

looks pretty sweet. try and see if you can find any reviews on it. also shop around to price similar systems or individuals parts of to see if you can something thats better and cheaper.

Do uknow the best places to look as not many companies do these sort of systems? google prob the best thing tho.

yeh thats what i mean. look around lots of sites like maybe get monitors from one site and desktop from another.

yeh thats what i mean. look around lots of sites like maybe get monitors from one site and desktop from another.

:( sounds like hassle, mite do a bit of searchin but i get very frustrated with that sorta stuff. Thanks for the help anyway.

same, thats why i paid someone 50 to do all my searchin and pricing. then they just gave me the list. id prob just get that setup u picked. looks pretty fine and its+ happiness ev

same, thats why i paid someone 50 to do all my searchin and pricing. then they just gave me the list. id prob just get that setup u picked. looks pretty fine and its+ happiness ev

LOL, your searcher could of done you there, am sure they just picked whatever they found first :)

Yea i think i prob will go ahead with just that, hassle free sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

50 bucks :eek: thats like half petes roll :D some sick rigs there try the tech section of boards, u might find some one there who'll do it all for u!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

I cud spec something up for u pete if u like? I do stuff like this for clients who use autocad, same thing shud apply to degen gamblers :p If u live anywhere near newry i cud even set it up for ya! PM me if ya like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

this should suit the lazy fekr perfectly con. He's a 'Bridge man. Only up the road from ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

wat do u think of the set up i posted above?? as in value for money, it will come to abou 1500 stg wit a few extras??

I don't think it's great value for money. You should (just about) be able to build a 3-monitor (22") set-up for poker for less than €1000. Or if using 24" monitors, add ~€100 per monitor.

And this assumes that you just need basic cheap TN monitors- the Dell 2408 that meathman referenced are S-PVA models that retail for >€500 each. Great for Movies etc, but overkill for poker. Also, that Dell isn't great for PC gaming, if you also wanted to use it for that, as the input lag is high.

Tbh, the only reason to spend more than €1000 these days for a PC is if you want a decent gaming rig.

mocata's offer is good. I can give a few suggestions for parts as well if you want.

Edit: I see from meathmans link that the 2408 can be had for £360, cheapest I've seen anywhere. Very interesting...

Advertisement