Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lack of bottom rail

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Im looking at a Jing Gong G36C for my first gun but if further down the line i wanted a grenade launcher would i be able to put new rails on it.

Other than this and the fact that its plastic theres nothing i dislike about the gun, does anyone know of any other reason i shouldnt get this gun.

(yes i know its a clone, i cant afford any better;))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It has a bottom rail as standard, it is a short rail but you can fit a longer one to support a launcher. So you can stick a M203 on there. The launcher designed for the G36 replaces the entire hand guard and costs twice the price of a JG G36C. You can pick up side rails for about 15 if you need them.

There is nothing wrong with the JG G36s, they may be a clone but they are the best G36 range on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

You can get a picatinny rail set for the sides...googles your friend

EDIT: You can get a extended picatinny rail for the bottom too, so any short rail mountable nade launcher should be fine...? right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Rather than stick an M203 on their, you could pick up either a Madbull XM203 short, which would suit the size and profile of the G36c a lot better and more comfortably, or a Madbull AGX, which is a cut down, rail adapted version of the proper AG36 which, as the good Captain said, costs twice the price of the rifle.
    An XM203 runs around €100, the AGX I'm not sure of, though I think it's around the €150 mark which puts it in the same price range as a decent regular M203.

Note that you may need to get a longer bottom rail for your G36c to mount something as substantial as a launcher since there's only a short rail supplied which either won't give a full mount or will mean you'll have to mount the launcher too far forward.

By the way, real G36's are polymer plastic bodies too so don't feel badly about the JG being plastic. The only exposed metal parts on the RS are the barrel, breach, cocking bolt, pins, selector and trigger. All airsoft G36's are built pretty much the same, with the exception if plastic cocking handles.

Advertisement