Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prospects for BER Assessors

Options
  • 12-02-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm thinking about doing the BER Assessor course but trying to get a handle on the amount of work it would generate, given the cost of the course and registration with SEI. I'm based in Cork but would be willing to travel to do assessments. Anyone with experience of this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Lots of people doing this. I would imagine that there would be plenty of work in the short term but it will quickly dry up. how much is the course if you dont mind me asking? I heard its around €1500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

have a peep over in Construction and planning for loads on BER: it has the potential to be a mine field

eg
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1162

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ruth1234

thanks for that - I see what you mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

SEI originally intended to get independent assessors to judge the quality of the people who sat the BER courses. However, so many people have done the course (the number runs into the thousands) that the assessors will be assessing the quality of the trainers instead.
    I wouldn't think there will be a huge amount of work out there for new people looking to make some money from carrying out a BER. The qualification is starting to appear merely as an "add on" with many energy/building consultancies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Avoid it like the plague!

• Advertisement
Advertisement