Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

octavia 4X4 estate?

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭

Not the scout model. After months of deliberation this is what I've decided to go with and I'll change my horsebox for a single. I just couldnt face commuting in a big 4x4.

Any thoughts? What should I look out for? Anyone know of any used models for sale here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Good choice, in my opinion.

Only problem is that you hardly ever see one here, you might have to go to the UK to get one.

However ...if you're pulling a heavy horse box out of soggy grass, a dual range gearbox might come in handy. The non-turbo manual versions of the Subaru Forester and Subaru Legacy have that and there is a fair few of them to be had ...but they are petrol engined and not famous for their economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm pretty resigned to going to the UK at this stage.

I had considered the forester Peasant, but fuel economy is pretty high on my list of priorities.

Advertisement