Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Poker Anyone??

Options
  • 12-02-2009 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

For those of us who love a game of cards, but don't want all the seriousness and high risk that goes with much of the game today, pub poker is the perfect solution the buy-ins are cheap, rebuys are allowed (and they too are cheap), a freindly game of cards with friendly familiar faces, still having the proper tournament set up with good plastic decks of cards, proper felted tables.....with legs ( Not table top hexagonal fold out tables!!!) , poker clock, proper chips and a dealer for the final table, and above all a good pint :D

I run two pub poker tournaments at present if anyone is interested.

Cooke's Thatch Bar,
    Newcastle road,
    Galway.
    Mondays @ 9pm
    Buy-in: €20
    Re-buy: €10
    Add-on: €10
    Starting stack: 3,000
    Add-on stack: 5,000
    Blinds: 15mins
    Rebuys only for 1hr 15mins.

O'Riardáns Pub,
    Main street,
    Oranmore,
    Co.Galway,
    Wednesdays @ 8pm
    Buy-in: €30
    Re-buy: €20
    Add-on: €20
    Starting stack: 3,000
    Add-on stack: 5,000
    Blinds: 15mins
    Rebuys only for 1hr 15mins.

Hope to see some of you there :D

Also i would like to hear anyones thoughts,views or experiences of pub poker in Ireland....

Remember guys theres always another hand ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

How many runners does the one in Cookes get? And what time do you usually finish at?
    Also could you PM me your name, I play a bit in Galway. Wondering if I know of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pubpokergalway

One in Cookes gets about one table but im hoping to pick that number up in the next couple of weeks.....usually finishes round 12 or half 12

Advertisement