Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Soccer

Options
  • 12-02-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

This not a great weekend but that said there looks a good double in Spain:

Namely: Barcelona to beat Betis @ 1-2
    and Real Madrid to beat Sporting Gijon @ 8-13

both with Boyles - double approx 6-4

What can you say about Barca - they have picked up something like 55 out of the last 57 pts and Madrid have won every game since Ramos took over - i think its 7. With Betis and Gijon both in the lower half of La Liga it looks pretty safe.

I have backed this as a double and also in a separate treble i have added in Mickey Rourke to win Best Actor (Oscars) @ 8-13 with Boyles. This treble pays nearly 3-1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've singles on the two. Of the two I wouldn't be so sure of the Madrid match. Gijon have a habit of winning their home matches.

I'm thinking of a treble on Barca, Inter and Hoffenheim....

lol - was too late for Hoffenheim and they're 3-1 down.

Feck - I put the Murray Walker on myself. Ended up going with Barca, Inter, PSG and Ajax. Barca drew and Real won 4-0. At least I had a single on Real so won some of my money back on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya Barca let me down too - i think i might steer clear of them for a while - Guardiola is resting too many players for some of their League matches - Messi and Henry on the bench again

Was hoping they'd keep the run going until the Champion's League kicked in but......Ah, well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

I think West Brom to beat Fulham this weekend at 4/1 could be a good bet. Fulham were played off the park by united tonight and were chasing shadows the whole time. I think this will have dinted a team who already lack creativity's confidence even more with only 2 wins in their last 11 games i think it's a single for the weekend!

Weekend accumulator:
    Blackburn(+2): 5/6 (United will be focusing on Inter game)
    Lyon: 11/10
    Juventus: 5/4

Works out around 8/1:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭funnyname

defness wrote: »
    I think West Brom to beat Fulham this weekend at 4/1 could be a good bet. Fulham were played off the park by united tonight and were chasing shadows the whole time. I think this will have dinted a team who already lack creativity's confidence even more with only 2 wins in their last 11 games i think it's a single for the weekend!

Weekend accumulator:
    Blackburn(+2): 5/6 (United will be focusing on Inter game)
    Lyon: 11/10
    Juventus: 5/4

Works out around 8/1:rolleyes:

Good tipping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

funnyname wrote: »
    Good tipping

Thanks mate!

Advertisement