Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mobile car washers in Tesco ! wtf

Options
  • 12-02-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Was parking my car in the Tesco car park in Bray earlier to get a few bits and two Lanky foreigners in day glow jump suits were standing beside two trolleys that had buckets cleaning stuff etc hanging out of it and a sign that says something like car washing???? Is this happening anywhere else..They were staring at me as I pulled in as the car is dirty ( gonna wash her today) and he was walking towards me and I said (not a hope) and kept walking :D no one washes d-don's car but me ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

d-don wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    Was parking my car in the Tesco car park in Bray earlier to get a few bits and two Lanky foreigners in day glow jump suits were standing beside two trolleys that had buckets cleaning stuff etc hanging out of it and a sign that says something like car washing???? Is this happening anywhere else..They were staring at me as I pulled in as the car is dirty ( gonna wash her today) and he was walking towards me and I said (not a hope) and kept walking :D no one washes d-don's car but me ....

Would i be right in saying your a member of CCUK?
    It's a lovely motor you have btw!
    I'm hoping to get my own gen7 soon!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

martydunf wrote: »
    Would i be right in saying your a member of CCUK?
    It's a lovely motor you have btw!
    I'm hoping to get my own gen7 soon!;)

Yea how did u know that mate.....:confused: ...Your in a great position price of the cars are dirt cheap.. I'll be down in Waterford in 2 weeks funnily enough for the weekend stag doo for a cousin

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing.

No bother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Yea how did u know that mate.....:confused: ...Your in a great position price of the cars are dirt cheap.. I'll be down in Waterford in 2 weeks funnily enough for the weekend stag doo for a cousin

the username kinda gave it away!:p

• Advertisement

martydunf wrote: »
    the username kinda gave it away!:p

Ah yea :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Should this really be in modified motors? o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Hi Lads,

Seen this before in Tesco in Clare Hall. Nothin strange...think they are employed or contracted in by Tesco to provide this service. Just guys trying to earn a living and pay the bills

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Should this really be in modified motors? o_O

Yes it should be here.... cause they were looking to wash ! my (Modified motor) lol:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I let them clean my 318 in clarehall occasionally. As long as your gonna be 20 mins or so it's a great service. They do a good job but I wouldn't feel too comfortable to let them clean the interior. Risk of theft aside....they could bang your door up in such a tight spot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

I went to the shops earlier in my modified car and and a lanky foreigner who was offering me a service asked if i would like to avail of that service,i mean WTF? ..... :confused:

Why did you post this? someone out there trying to earn a few quid approached you offering their service,you cut him off before he got his offer out and then posted it on the net,am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭enviro

I dont see the big deal, they wash your car if ya want it washed, for a fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

theres lads doin it in clearwater too,good service they do a great job

Advertisement