Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zavvi/HMV Sale Prices??

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I recently wondered into a local zavvi/HMV store to check out their 'sale'. What first caught my eye was scrubs season two boxset,was 60euro on 'sale' now for 23....surely it was never 60 in the first place,more in between the 30-40 bracket? Then i spotted the Father ted complete collection,was 90 euro on 'sale' for 34. Having bought this boxset about two weeks after it came out for 45 I was struggling to understand when it was ever 90. Surely this is illeagal trying to convince consumers they are getting better than half price discounts when in fact its far less! Also interestingly the big lebowski+run fat boy run were on sale for 32euro while relatively new release in brugges and forgetting sarah marshall were going for 7. Dyslexic employees?It's worth bearing in mind zavvi have gone bust....and now we know why

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Also interestingly the big lebowski+run fat boy run were on sale for 32euro while relatively new release in brugges and forgetting sarah marshall were going for 7. Dyslexic employees?It's worth bearing in mind zavvi have gone bust....and now we know why
    Yes, it is a well known fact that the employees working on the floor of Virgin/Zavvi stores are the people in charge of setting the prices :rolleyes:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

The price thats advertised as the 'was' price, has to be a price that the item was retailing at for a continous 30 day period in the previous 12 months, if not then it is illegal. Complain to the NCA or CAI about it, they will tell you if ya have a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bernard Black

Nody wrote: »
    Yes, it is a well known fact that the employees working on the floor of Virgin/Zavvi stores are the people in charge of setting the prices :rolleyes:.

Did i say that?Sorry for assuming that the people that set the prices are also employees of Virgin/Zavvi stores,don't know where my logic was please forgive me wise one. Of course these massive chains dont have employees to set prices rather dey ring the magic happy fairys in happyland and ask them to pick a number between 1-100.How foolish of me....mistake duely noted and filed.....in a filing cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

You'll notice a lot of those new releases are single discs, ie. Iron man is 23 euro for normal, 8 for single disc in HMV.

I've worked in a few retail chains, and we all get big lists of items that have to be marked down with the name, code, prices. We just follow it, don't set anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

I just buy my dvds online unless the price in store is as good as online which isnt very often.

• Advertisement
Advertisement